N&A 21.

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

The living room buzzed with life as voices rang in the apartment, laughter filled the air as the man glared at the screen intently watching the eleven year old win over him.

A frown settled between his brows and groaned making the girl smirk at her victory. Haider gazed at the woman sitting before him watching as she stayed engrossed in her work. Her phone rang and she excused herself from the gathering making him look away from her retreating figure and turn his attention back to the girl who was already looking at him with raised eyebrows.

"So...." She asked making him raise his own eyebrows.

"So what?" He asked making Mihrimah roll her eyes lean back in her chair studying him intently.

"Are you going to only gaze at her like a failed lover or take a step further?" The child asked making him stare at her in shock before looking away feeling annoyed.

"I don't know what to do?" He admitted as the frustration settled in his tone making Mihrimah sit up straight.

"What's the problems?" She asked making him glance at her briefly before wondering if she'll be of any held at all.

"My grandmother won't allow this" he sighed making Mihrimah furrow her eyebrows.

"Why would she mind? Shouldn't she be happy that you're getting married?" She asked making Haider chuckle bitterly.

"She wants me to marry the girl of her choice and I said no, now she's tormenting Zaviyar to marry her" he frowned making Mihrimah gasp.

"Is Zavi uncle going to marry her?" She asked seeing her fantasies breaking.

"I really hope he doesn't. He considers her his mother and she... And she abuses that way too much" he kept mumbling not realizing the wide eyed child who was near tears.

"So.... What if he doesn't want to marry her?" She questioned feeling her heart beat rise with his silence.

"I....." He was about to start when the door flew open and in walked her mother who was furious.

"Is everything okay?" She asked getting up from her place but the woman walked straight to her room and locked the door.

"What happened?" Nuha walked in with a frown on her face as rubbed her temple.

Mihrimah shrugged making her turn to Haider who shook his head not knowing what happened, Nuha sighed feeling her heart get heavy with every second and all she needed was to cry to Ayat about everything that was happening. Haider noticed her foul mood and tried asking her for the reason but she only shook her head and dismissed everything.

"Mah, you should get to bed now. It's getting late anyways" Nuha spoke in a small voice making Mihrimah take the hint and nod her head before she hugged Haider goodbye once and went to her room.

"Is everything okay?" He asked making Nuha sigh and nod with slouched shoulders.

"Just a little overwhelmed by everything." She mumbled.

"What's going on?" He asked cupping her face as he forced her to make eye contact with him. Nuha opened her mouth to say something but closed it back shaking her head. Her arms rounded around his torso as she hid her face in his chest making his heart to pick up it's pace and he immediately wrapped his arms around her.

"Nuha?" He questioned caressing her hair.

"She's no more Haider" he heard a faint cry and his breath got caught in his throat.