N&A 24

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

"Absolutely not" the woman on the bed raged glaring at the man who dared to propose such a plan, his eyes equally as determined as hers as he glared back at her.

The room was quiet till now but after what the man before her had proposed, Ayat didn't know anything but to say no to this idea at all cost, the bruises on her face and the ache in her jaw didn't stop her from protesting against the idea of marrying him.

He wasn't just asking her to move in for protection, this man was asking her to marry him under certain circumstances that involved her daughter's protection and her life.

No matter how much his idea had made sense to her hazy mind she knew better than to fall for it, surely there were other ways to opt for, like having security lining her apartment or to shifting somewhere else but no.

"Ayat—" Zaviyar started taking a step towards her but she only shook her head.

The moment Ayat lifted her eyes Zaviyar sighed seeing the tiredness in her gaze, a sigh slouched her shoulders and her lips trembled.

"Ayat please don't cry" he mumbled taking a step close to her and the girl before him ducked her head down.

"It's too much Zaviyar. My life isn't a game where one man will break into my home and another will ask me to leave it all behind" she mumbled and hid her face with her palms, her shoulders shook and Zaviyar pulled her head to his shoulder.

"I'm doing this for the best of you and Mah" he said, making her pull back while wiping her face clean of all the tears she had shed in helplessness.

"How?" She asked and Zaviyar flinched internally at the iciness that had taken over her tone within seconds.

"Because—" he started but Ayat cut him off.

"Because you think you can, because you're using this against me, aren't you?" She accused making him clench his jaw and pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Don't twist my intentions Ayat" he gritted and Ayat scoffed.

"Don't use my daughter as—"

"I'm not using Mihrimah as bait" he yelled, making Ayat flinch back and bite her lip to stop them from quivering at the loud unexpected sound.

Taking a deep breath Zaviyar turned back around to face her, his eyes softened seeing her gulp her tears down but they only kept pouring out of her eyes, her nose and lips turning red from all the crying and chewing she had been doing.

The woman before him looked like a child to him rather than a mother who had endured so much.

"Love. I'm only doing this for the best of you, I don't intend on using this marriage as an excuse to violate you, trust me. I just want to have the authority to take actions for you when needed." He said, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear and cupping her face.