A&H 14.

“believing is hard after the ones who taught you how to trust broke it first”

"I'm trying to win my wife. The woman who's not afraid to be my equal. The one I want to see for the rest of my whole life...."

Huda was stunned, she could only stare at the man standing infront of her. Her heart was screaming danger and so was her brain. Who was he to her even? A husband only by contract? A man who had touched in ways she hadn't been ever? A man she barely knew?

"I know. I know what we share is far from what husband and wife feel. I know we both know nothing about eachother. I know our marriage was a contract but every marriage is. The people involved have to make it work and I'm willing to give this a chance. To give us a chance" he said stepping closer to her holding her hands in his. They were trembling in his hold and warming up.

"W... we're not meant to work out. There is nothing to give a chance to" she said pulling her hands away from his hold and stepping back. She hadn't even taken two steps back when he had pulled her back and this time locking her in his arms.

Her breathing hitched and body stiff. She didn't look into his eyes because what she felt was something she wouldn't ever feel. This wasn't who she was.

"Huda. This nothing that we share, I want to make this something worth keeping, worth staying together for. Look at me." He said cupping her face and pulling it up so he could meet her eyes.

"I won't claim that I love you. Love is too extreme for what we have, but I will say that I want you. I want you near me. Beside me. With me all the damn time.  I want to keep you in my sight for some unknown reason that it fucks me up every time I think about it." He said caressing her cheek making her almost melt in his hold. His arm tightening around her waist as his gaze hardened looking into her eyes.

"I'm too selfish to let you go. If I can't love you then I most certainly can't let go of you either" his voice a tone  deeper than usual, fingers digging in her waist.

"Aaban stop your nonsense at once. First of all I'm not a property you can keep chained to your name not you toy that you can keep for however long you want" she said pushing him back. Her chest was aching from the sudden rush of anxiety, she wanted to let it all go and fall into his trap but it was about time she stopped falling into people's sweet talks.

That's what they did. Sugar coating everything in their favour and leaving her to aid for her own self. All they ever knew was to take and take only.

Her heart, her trust, her wealth, her positivity, everything. They took it. They all of it leaving her empty handed and bitter. The caramel syrup she pouted instead of her words once was now the most deadliest venoms knows to mankind.

"I will. I will keep you tied to me. You're mine, today, tommorow and forever whether you like it or not. I won't let you leave after igniting a fire in me that can't be satisfied by any means of water. You can't say you don't feel the way I do. You're my wife and I plan to keep it that way" he yelled pulling her into his grasp.