Taken Offense

Woodseth had found a great many things when he spent his days with Makenzie. None as beautiful as the way he studied people. They were an enigma. Artificial intelligence like him were more predictable but only up to a point. He had yet to meet one more advanced than himself, but he knew plenty of them that were not up to par with the bar he'd set. Even Makenzie, in all her struggles, couldn't quite figure out how to make the leap from what Kosuke was to what he is and will become. She spread herself thin and what was more concerning to him was since the day he met Kosuke, she often opened his coding, took a good, hard look at it, scratched her head then grumbled.

He once heard her speak softly that it wasn't there, she did infact take it out. He wasn't sure exactly what she meant, but she had been acting strangely since then, not to the point where she had avoided the game though. He was smart enough to recognize change within one, but not the connections. Still, he offered not a word about the change he saw within her. Perhaps she already knew it, or it happened so gradually she couldn't notice, either way it was not his place to say.

He rather enjoyed going into her game as well. Kosuke himself was a fine man in his estimation. It was also an idyllic place to have tea. He was also quite fond of the others. It was no surprise when she invited him on this day, but going into the story and sitting there while they spoke of fighting was not something he was used to. Momo looked at him, pouring his tea. "You know, Woo-kun..." He stared at her, always amazed that she looked so cute saying a shortened version of his name. "I don't usually know what they are discussing either. You don't have to pretend to pay attention."

"I suppose you are right mistress Momo." He took a sip of the tea, then looked beyond the table. "I do so love just watching the scenery here. Makenzie is training hard though and if I'm going to be her partner I should at least pay attention."

She giggled. "You're going into the field?"

"Not yet, Momo. But someday I will." Of course it was not as if he could explain to her that he would be on board a frame of Makenzie's design, organizing her thoughts and the incoming information. She was going to be a pilot. She was going to change the world, that, he was certain of. He watched as Kosuke was absentmindedly staring at her, again. He thought it was adorable, because when he stopped staring at her, she was staring at him.

"I forgot the name of the town." Makenzie laughed nervously, having spend the entire time tailing Hibiki while being entirely focused on Kosuke and that kiss, their banter and the fact that they stayed out until dawn in her world.

Ren shook his head. "That hardly matters."

"Yeah." Asahi spoke up, looking to her. "We're going together and just us. Kosuke-kun made sure, so we could go into and out without hurting someone." She looked to Kosuke, their eyes met and she blushed, averting them from him and lifting her glass for a drink.

"O.. Oh?" She smiled to herself. "Well I suppose if the leader says so... I'm obliged to just follow him."

Kosuke gave a soft smirk, then looked up. "I'm your leader now?"

"I live here, don't I?" She crinkled her nose, they were able to lock eyes again. Momo Stood next to Woodseth and covered her mouth. "So that must mean I do what you say or else. Don't want any of them in harms way."

"So it's for them?" He counters quickly.

"Oh, didn't... didn't you know?" She narrowed her eyes playfully, motioning in a circle with her finger. "Everything I do is for them. If it weren't for them, then I probably wouldn't listen to you at all."

"I can tell when you're lying." He leaned him, whispering. She raised a brow and he pointed to her face. "Your nostril flares slightly when you lie." His hand slowly lowered, then he sat back, confident it that assessment. Her mouth slowly hangs open and he strikes the table with a fist, gently. "Knew it!" Ren looked to her and he was a little surprised to see her hide her nose. Sakura shook her head slowly at the foolishness and Kosuke stood up. "Alright. Lunch was great, Momo. Thank you so much." He hugged her tightly. "Remember, be a good host to Woodseth. He also promised to help with chores, right?" He looked to the man who nodded confidently. Makenzie mouthed a thank you to him as she stood up. "Alright, let's go." Kosuke's eyes met Makenzie's and she found herself more drawn to him by the day.