FOUR

TW : NONE

THEY ALL WATCHED AS Brooke grabbed a wooden folding chair putting it a few feet in front of them. He walked closer to the kids while they just stood looking at him. He then took a huff of his cigarette before talking.

" Now I don't know what y'all heard about me. But I ain't promisin' ima make y'all into no stars. That ain't what I do. But if you put in the hard work and listen to what I tell you, I'll make you into a professional." He stated walking back and forth with his hands behind his back.

"And let me be clear, y'all are a group." He stopped looking at them. "You do everything as one, everybody is equal. Whether it's the Untouchables or the Transitions. All my groups work the same way, so if you thinkin' about gettin' your little ass up on stage and try to outshine everybody else. You can forget about it." He continued seriously looking at each one of them pointing towards the door.

"Or you can go home right now, cause I don't play that. Y'all about to work hard. It's about to be real hard work, harder than y'all ever worked before." He finished.

He then walked towards the radio that was on a nearby table turning on 'Holdin' On." 

He walked back over to them snapping on beat, "Alright. Let's fly." He says,  A few seconds past and he raised his hands sliding back showing them the move they have to mimic, "Let's go. Alright ima count y'all in. Okay and..five, six, seven, eight." He snapped on beat.

On the cue they all slid back & repeated the move Brooke showed them," Come on back. Come here. One more time." Brooke said making them go back to their original place.

Brooke then raises his hands up then does a spin and counts them in again, and on the cue they mocked his moves. He shakes his head knowing they can definitely improve.

As Brooke continues to count them in. They started to miss more and more steps resulting in Brooke telling them to drop down and do push-ups, "You didn't wanna miss marks, I don't wanna waste my time. Y'all gonna be doin pushups all day out here." he continued as they groaned and grunted.

Y/n was barely doing push ups and Ralph was just saying up, down making everybody look at him.

THEY ALL GOT into a line, "Spin Ripple, think it out go." Brooke said letting them start the spin ripple one at a time, "get it right," he said while snapping his fingers. Then they all continued to do the spin ripple Bobby finishing it off.

After that he lined them up in a horizontal line, "find some space, find equal space," he announced spreading them out. "Every time you come on the stage, you line hp so you know where you are." he continued putting their arms up for the next dance move.

"Two three and..." he trailed off as they practiced the routine in the  line.

"Holdin on...and thats no lie." the song playing sang, They slid finishing off the dance, "Much better. Get that right though Mike.but it's okay" Brooke praised nodding approvingly.

"Said holdin onn." The song played as Y/N HUFFS while they did squats with books in their hands, "y'all gotta really stop messin up." She sighed as they dropped down when Brooke said Time.

After all the torturing Brooke did he showed them the way to do a slide, ❝That's you're...that's your money slide, okay?❞ he said making up a name for the dance move. After that they all practiced the slide and he nodded.

⎯⎯❝If you can't perform when it's hot. Then you can't perform,❞ he announced to them unplugging the fan making y/n roll her eyes.

⎯⎯THEY PRACTICED AND practiced for hours and finally they were done, they were all sweating like crazy huffing, sighing, and groaning. He gave them a yellow cup with water in it and they were dogging that up.

" I came up with a name for you guys. See, your name ain't just who you are. It's what you're all about. When you hear names like the Temptations or Stylistics, or my favorite Blue Magic. It's lettin' you know where they come from. You dig?" Brooke questioned looking at each one of them making them nod.

"So, what's our name?" Bobby questioned abruptly, y/n pinched him causing him to flinch. He rubbed the spot she pinched shaking his head.

"Shut up." Ricky said sucking his teeth. "Oh." mike said pushing Bobby making Bobby push him back.

"No no no. That's a good one," he polished grabbing a board, "that's a good question Bobby. I'll write it down for ya, cause if I tell it to ya, it's different when you see something rather than hearin' it. Listen to this. Here we go." Brooke writes down their name and holds it up to them so they can read it.

" New Edition?" Y/n questioned curiously.

"Exactly." he said standing up from chair, "See..this let everybody know what the next big thing comin out of Boston is..right ? They know about the Jackson 5, they know about the Untouchables. They about to know about the New Edition. Say it" he insisted walking back and forth

" New Edition." They all said unsure making Brooke stop and sigh, "Can we say that the right way please? Again.." He demanded.

"New Edition!" They all asserted, "One more time." Brooke said.

"New edition!" they all exclaimed.

Cᴀɴᴅʏ ɢɪʀʟ !