EIGHT

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm gonna start giving y'all updates since I'm being HARRASED.

STARR RECORDING STUDIOS.....

Y/N AND THE NEW EDITION WALKED INTO THE STUDIO EXCITEDLY, pushing each other to enter through the room. Y/n was still in shock when they announced that they won the talent show, because she thought they had no chance. But dreams happen, right? 

While the boys were pushing through the door Ralph bumped y/n right out of her thoughts making her snap back into reality. She sucked her teeth and shoved Ralph away as he muttered a 'my bad y/n'. Brushing him off she stood by mike examining  the frames that were on the wooden wall, while Ralph pushed random piano keys, Bobby and Ricky banging on the drums.

Brooke did a whistle and moved his hands telling them to quiet down, and on the cue they all quieted down but Bobby and Ricky made a little noise making Brooke look at them.

"Stop. This ain't the playground." He started, "these are not toys."

Ralph started playing with the sound track volume making Maurice, the talent show host grab his arms pulling him away from it. "Don't just start touching stuff." Brooke finished off looking at ralph.

"Now if we're gonna be a new edition, to the Jackson 5 we need a new member. To be different from the rest of course." Maurice started looking at all the kids making them look a little unsure, but mike read the room and decided to speak up.

"Why are we trynna fix what ain't broke" Mike spoke up making y/n smack her head, "mike shut up." She whisper shouted to him making him suck his teeth. "No ma he trippin, I think we cool with just five." He said turning his attention back to Maurice who jus shook his head sighing.

"Michael right?" Maurice asked pointing directly at like who nodded his head muttering a 'yea'.

 "In this business you learn far more by listening, than speaking. So close that big ass mouth and open those big ass ears." Maurice spoke looking ahead. Y/n's mouth fell agape and she closed her mouth before a chuckle slipped out.

"Whatever bra." Mike said brushing him off.

"Now you guys have a talented cousin....or a brother....or somebody in your family that can sing" Maurice asked trailing off during each word.

"Nah." Y/n immediately said making mike look at her suspiciously, but he chose not to say anything. "Nah. None of my brothers got any talent" Ricky responded shortly after.

"My brother just learned how to walk a year ago" Ralph added

"Maybe we can get Cory and Travis. You know they still wanna do it" Bobby replied making y/n loudly sigh, "Bobby nobody want them little boys in our group." Making him suck his teeth.

"We need to see everybody" Maurice said looking at Brooke. He thought a little bit before speaking, "My nephew. He been wanting to be in the group ever since the group got started." He trailed off making y/n look at him surprised that he has a nephew, since he never mentioned it. Ever.

"Ight, have him practicing with y'all by tomorrow. Pronto."Maurice replied gathering all his stuff exiting the room. As Maurice left the room everybody relaxed and started playing with all the stuff  they were messing with before. Brooke grabbed a blunt lighting it as he watched the kids fool around with a smirk present on his face.

.

.

THE NEXT DAY..

"Man Brooke always talkin' bout 'Be on time" and "Don't be late" but where he at?" Bobby complained laying on wooden the stage at the Rec Center staring at the ceiling. 

"Bobby he prolly doing something, let that man be." Y/n trailed off finishing her cornrolls.

"Nah caus-"

As soon Bobby opened his mouth to finish his sentence the door opened revealing Brooke walking in with a brownskin boy who looked around awkwardly

"Come on" Brooke said to the boy as he fully walked in the Rec center. 

"There he go now"y/n added fully seeing him walk in with the brownskin kid who'd just heard Bobby go on about how late Brooke was said.

"This is my nephew Ronnie here." Brooke introduced putting his stuff down allowing his nephew to meet the others they's be working closely with for the next few years.

"What up man" Mike greeted being the first one to interact with the tall boy who would soon become apart of their  group "You got some height. You ball?" He asked bring the subject to basketball making y/n shake her head.

"Yea. I do a lil' somethin'" Ronnie said smirking.

"Yea he from Cathedral" Brooke said causing Bobby to raise his brows, "wassup I'm y/n, nice to meet you Ronnie," y/n also greeted getting up and shaking the boys hand. "I like ya name. It's fire." He replied making y/n shyly smile.

"Man I don't know if people from Cathedral could be messing with us O.P. boys" Bobby randomly added after watching that encounter between the two. This statement caused the other boys to laugh loudly.

"Man get up. Get up Bobby" Brooke said. "Ok everybody get in position. Except y/n, We're gonna run through the same routine we did yesterday. Ronnie, You stay right in front of them and do it that way. ok. Imma count y'all in. Ready. 5, 6,7, and-" After that sentence y/n looked at Brooke confusingly, curious on why she wasn't apart of the routine.

And as the count down stopped the boys started doing the routine they've been practicing, Ronnie seemed to pick up on it rather quickly making y/n look at him, impressed. Brooke shook his head while smirking.

"annnnnddd, stop." Brooke announced making them all stop.

"Good job." Brooke said proudly while nodding his head, all the boys dapped each other up while praising each other. Y/n mugged them as she became jealous on why she wasn't up there. At this point she was scared, 'did she get replaced?' 'Is she getting kicked out the group?'  As all these thoughts were going through her head a, "Y/n." Snapped her out of it.

It was Brooke motioning her to come here, she gulped and stood up slowly walking towards Brooke.

"Y/n.. so me and Maurice has been talkin." Brooke trailed off scratching his head making y/n raise her eyebrows motioning him to continue. 

"And.. we think it's better if you.. you know." He trailed off once again making y/n get the hint.

"You kickin me out da group?" Y/n asked rather loudly making the boys look over at the two, "no y/n that's not what I'm say-" 

"Nah cause you replacing me with this..." she motioned to Ronnie, "with this tall hefa?!" She finished angry at the fact that he can just kick her out like he created this group. "It's cause ima girl ain't it?" She asked gathering her stuff.

"Y/n calm down-" Ralph tried to say, "but she snapped her head over to him, "and you agreein with him? So Nobody finna defend me??" She asked all the boys making them quiet. "Y/n listen.. we all thought it was for the best." Brooke said, making y/n look at everybody appalled.

"Oh.. I get it. So you all... agreed on this?" She asked her eyes glistening. They were the only family she had and it felt like she's been stabbed in the back millions of times.

"Y/n-" 

"Mike shut up. You know what, fuck all of y'all. I'm out." Y/n said walking out the Rec center. They all watched as she slammed the door, feeling guilty as the silence carried on throughout the room. Y/n walked on the sidewalk, mad. Mad at the fact nobody decided to even ask for her opinion or even tell her, and how she was replaced so easily. 

"Ight bet. That's how they wanna do me? Ill show them." She said to her self, Thinking of a plan to ruin the boy group, even if it could take years, it all be worth it.

AUTHORS NOTE. DO YOU THINK THEY MADE THE RIGHT DECISION KICKING Y/N OUT ?🤔