prologue

November 24th, 2017 - Chicago, IL

"Yani doll. Wake up folks." Kaisyn felt her twin brother, Jaisyn, tapping her awake.

"Mane Tooka get out my damn face." She mumbled, turning over on the air mattress she was laying on.

"I'm tryna go scuff. What you on?" He said, and her eyes opened, sitting up.

"Who fuckin' wit' you?" She mumbled, rubbing her eye as she stood up.

"Niggas dissing me in the wiic. Big A and nem'." He told her, and she rolled her eyes, walking to the bathroom they shared and brushing her teeth.

"Dissing you how?" She asked, sitting down to pee as he stood in the doorway on his IPhone 6s.

"Look." He showed her the Twitter post, and she wiped herself, looking down at the phone.

"Niggas ain't bout that. I'm on whatever, let's slide." She walked to the living room of the small apartment they shared, pulling her biker shorts on over her panties.

She tied on a pair of converse, tying her hair back and then rubbing Vaseline in on her face.

Jaisyn held her hand, leading her out and locking the door behind them.

"Hm baby it's cold." He mumbled, pulling his hoodie off and pulling it over her small body.

"Thank you Jai." She kissed his cheek, and he pretended to wipe it off in disgust, making her smack her lips as he laughed.

It wasn't really cold, more so chilly in the late November afternoon.

It was thanksgiving day, and earlier the two of them went to Cici's Pizza Buffet, and ate as much as their bodies allowed them to, for $5 each.

It was their favorite restaurant, and not having enough money to get a full thanksgiving dinner to cook at home, they made due with what they had.

Jaisyn and Kaisyn were 16 years old, both of them hotheaded and troubled like their father.

Neither of them had guidance, no one besides each other to keep them out of trouble, so they always ran wild.

They stayed in fights, often arrested and placed in juvenile detention centers, they'd committed plenty of robberies, they were just all over the place.

But they didn't care. Trouble was fun. They did everything together-reckless evil twins.

Jaisyn and Kaisyn belong to the gang of GD-gangsta disciples. It wasn't abnormal for the two of them to go to an opps' hood and start some trouble.

They ceased their conversation as they slid through the back building of O'Block, a known BD-black disciples-hood.

"Who we got?" Kaisyn asked, looking with him at the other side of the building, seeing two figures smoking near the garbage cans.

"Grandson and Big A. You on?" He smirked, patting his gun that was on his waist, and she smiled.

"Fasho." She led the way over there, and he wore a devious grin as they approached them.

"Wassup nigga." Jaisyn pulled his jeans up, and Big A turned around just in time as Jaisyn swung hard, dislocating his jaw.

The two of them began roughly fighting, and Von immediately jumped in, and so did Kaisyn.

"Ain't no jumping my brother bitch." She swung her fists hard, ducking once he swung back, uppercutting him.

"Get up nigga I ain't green." She smirked, pulling her hoodie off as Von stood up from the ground.