Chapter 5: patriotic

Y/N's POV

It's been a month and the general tried to make Steve a Broadway star but I was having non of it. The generals reasoning was that Steve, or better known as captain America, would bring hope to America. While I argued that America already has hope in soldiers and that Steve wanted to help fight, not just dance around like a circus monkey.

"Why even bother going though with the experiment when you're just gonna make him dance like a monkey?"

"Really Dr. Carter? America needs someone give bring hope!"

"By singing and dancing in stars and strips?"

"Yes!"

"Why upgrade him then? Why give him speed, agility, muscles, and Abes for that?"

"You know I can't deal with this right now. Dr. Carter you're let go! Agent Carter you're staying but no funny business! End of story."

I huffed and walked out. I went to Peggy and I's shared cabin. I then heard a knock on the door.

"It's open."

I tried to hide my sadness as much as I possibly can. When I turned around I saw Steve leaning against the wall which held the door.

"Hey doll, what's wrong?"

I let out a sigh

"He leg me go"

Steve then walked over to me, put an arm around my shoulders, the other arm on my head and pulled me into a hug. I then put my arms around his waist and started crying.

"Why did he let you go sweetheart?"

"Because I was trying to tell him you should fight instead of dancing around like a monkey."

"You tried to do that for me?"

"Of course, it's what you wanted right?"

"Yea, but now you're let go and I feel like it's all my fault."

"No, no, no. Don't blame yourself it was my choice. Besides I know how much you wanted this."

Steve then leaned down and captured my lips with his. After a few seconds we pulled apart.

~~~Steves POV~~~

"thank you for trying. You're the best girlfriend I've ever had. And well the first girlfriend I've ever had."

"Really? I'm your first girlfriend?"

"Yea and I'm hoping my only girlfriend."

"Awe Stevie you're to sweet. Maybe after the war."

"After the war."

Just then we let go of each other, Y/N grabbed her bags and walked out with me. We waited for the next bus to come and while we waited we talked about everything and nothing. Once we saw the bus coming Y/N gave me a hug. To be honest I could feel she didn't want to let go.

"Honey you got to let go. I'll be fine, I'll write to you everyday."

"You better."

We both pulled away from the hug and gave each other a kiss. Y/N walked on to the bus to the back. Once the bus started moving Y/N gave me a sad wave and smile. I gave her a weak smile that was half genuine because I snuck two of my shirts into her suitcase. I felt heartbroken that the one person who was my steady river of encouragement was let go for standing up for me. Just a little guy from Brooklyn. Peggy the walked up to me.

"She really cares about you."

"I know, but why did she choose me to be a super soldier?"

"From what I read in her letters to me, she fell for you on first sight and the more she got to know you the those feelings grew. Since she helped with the serum she knew that it would help all your medical needs."

"So she pretty much saved my life?"

"Yea."

I looked to the ground and smiled. My girl wasn't only beautiful physicaly but also in her personality. I smiled to myself and walked off.