Chapter 8: the proposal

~~Y/N's POV~~

After I got off of work, at around 5:00, I went back to my apartment to get ready for my date with Steve. Earlier when him and Bucky were having lunch, Steve told me to wear something nice for the date tonight. He also added that he had something important to tell me. Before I started getting ready I put my favorite Hank Williams album on the record player. After I got out of the shower I went to my wardrobe to get my beautiful red dress that I know Steve loves on me. I then did my makeup like usual but I added red lipstick.

~~Steve's POV~~

I was panicking about the proposal meanwhile buck was trying to calm me down.

"Steve, man, chill it all is gonna be just fine. She loves you."

"I know she loves me but is it too early?"

"Steve? Really? It has been a little over a year, you guys made it through a world War and you think it's too early?"

He said as he pinched the bridge of his nose in stress cause of my antics.

"If you love her do this and don't chicken out ok? You both make each other so happy. Please don't fuck it up Steve."

"Bucky I promise. Like you said she makes me so happy."

Bucky nodded at me and left. I then turn to the full length mirror and straightened my red tie. I then walked out the apartment, locked the door, and went over to Y/N's house with the ring in my pocket. When I arrived I knocked on the door three times. When I saw Y/N my jaw dropped.

"You look just as beautiful as the day I met you."

"Awe Steve thank you. You look aw handsome as ever."

"Would you like to go to dinner?"

"Yes I would."

I then reached for Y/N's hand after she locked her door. I took her to where we had our first date. We ordered the same meal as we did that night.

"Y/N?"

"Yea Steve?"

"Would you like to move in with me?"

"Yes!"

"Really? Are you sure Y/N?"

"Yes of course Stevie."

"Ok great"

After dinner we both went walking through the park hand in hand. For minutes we talked about everything and anything. All of a sudden I stopped in my tracks with my lovely girlfriend looking very confused.

"Steve, sweetheart are you ok?"

"Yea I just have a Major question for you."

"What is it?"

I then got down on one knee and took out the ring box with the ring inside.

"Y/N this past year has been the best year of my life. I know we may be too young with you being 22 and me being 23. but I would rather live the rest of my life with you by my side now and if I were older. You are a great friend and a great sister. So all in all, Y/N M/N Carter, will you marry me? And be with me always? "

By the time I was done with the speech Y/N was tearing up.

"Yes Steve!"

"For real?"

"Yea for real, you're the only one I see myself with for the rest of my life."

"But what about your past boyfriend, Johnny?"

"I lost Johnny 5 year's ago when i was 17. I might still be grieving his lost but I know he would want me to move on. Move on with someone like you."

This honestly put a smile on my face. I then stood up and hugged my beautiful fiancee tightly while I gave her a kiss her on her fourhead.