Chapter 7: Finally home

Y/N's POV

It has been 4 1/2 weeks since the "saving Bucky plan" and has been a year since I started dating Steve. I haven't seen Steve on 6 weeks and haven't seen Bucky in 6 1/2 weeks. To be honest I was getting worried for both of them. I loved both men full heartedly and I don't want anything bad to happen to them. Luckily I heard back from Dorothy that Bucky and dum dum Dugan, Dorothy's husband, made it back safe.

"So you haven't seen a letter from neither one of 'em in 4 1/2 weeks?"

"Yea, I'm hoping that both of them are ok. Especially since the war is coming to an end."

"Yea same here. Your boy Steve Rogers is quite a catch now. Sorry for doubting your taste in him a year ago."

"It's fine you didn't know back then."

Just then the doorbell to Steve's apartment rung. I wasn't expecting anyone to come over plus Steve isn't home. I was worried about who it might be. I walked down to the front door and opened it. I broke out in tears at the very sight of Bucky, Steve and Dum Dum Dugan.

"Hey doll, how are you?"

"I'm better now that you're here. Hey Bucky, hey Dugan."

I then pulled Steve into a hug. He then lifted me up and now I'm a koala holding my boyfriend close. Steve, Bucky and Dugan then walked into the apartment. Once Dorothy saw dum dum she also bursted out in tears as she ran to her husband. For the next hour and 1/2 the five of us talked. Dorothy holding dum dum's hand on the coach, Bucky on the single chair and Steve on a single chair with me curled up on his lap and my head on his chest. After talking everyone left except for Steve and I.

"I missed you so much doll."

"I missed you so much too honey bear. More then you'd ever know."

~~Steve's POV~~

I looked down on Y/N sympathetically.

"I'm sorry I haven't sent any letters in 4 1/2 weeks."

"Hey it's fine, I heard from Peggy you were taking down HYDRA bases so I knew you were ok."

She just smiled while nuzzling herself more into my chest. I just simplyed smiled while picking her up so that we could both sleep in my bed. The next morning I woke up before her and walked to a jewelry shop with Buck. I made sure to leave a note on my pillow saying I went to work and to expect me at the diner for lunch. Once at the jewelry store I started looking around for the perfect engagement ring.

"I can't decide between these two rings."

One was a simple silver band with a small diamond. The other was a simple gold band with a little bit bigger diamond.

"Go with the silver one. She likes silver jewelry."

"Oh yea, plus she likes simple but meaningful jewelry."

I gave the ring size and purchased the ring. I am both excited and nervous about proposing. That's one of the reasons why I haven't written to Y/N in so long. I was planning it and still working out the fine details.

~~Y/N's POV~~

I just woke up and read Steve's note. I smiled to myself as I got ready for work. Once I'm at work I immediately started serving coffee. Four hours rolled by and I saw Steve strolling in with Bucky. I walked over and kissed Steve and hug Bucky.

"Take a seat at the booth and I'll get you two some water."

"Ok thanks doll."

"Thanks Y/N/N"

Just then I walked away swaying my hips. I know exactly what I am doing because I know Steve would look. Little did I know that the love of my life, Steven Grant Rogers, would give me the biggest surprise of my life. Well that and one other thing.