𝟤 | 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

communication!
"i think you're really awesome, karissa"

     𝓐s Karissa headed to the front office, she spotted Lucas sitting on a bench inside the school corridors, typing away on his phone

     "Have you ever heard of this thing called human interaction?" Karissa asked sarcastically as she took a seat beside him.

     At the familiar voice, Lucas immediately looked up and grinned at her cheekily. When his phone buzzed again, he sighed, quickly replying to the text before answering Karissa. "Riley keeps texting me. And I can't exactly ignore it.

     Karissa nodded, wondering, "Why would you ignore it?" With a shrug, Lucas contemplated the wording for his explanation.

     "I mean, don't get me wrong, she's a really nice girl, she's just..." he trailed off, unsure of how to continue.

     Pressing her lips, Karissa finished it for him. "A lot?" Lucas instantly bobbed his head up and down, grateful that he wasn't the only one who thought that.

     "Yeah. I figured, after watching her smell the back of your neck. But, I have somewhere to be, so, I'll see you later." With that, Karissa got up and walked off, leaving a confound Lucas behind.

     "You saw her what?"

☁︎  ☁︎  ☁︎  ☁︎  ☁︎

     Soon enough, history class had begun and Cory had noticed his goddaughter's seat was empty.

     "Mister Friar, do you know where Karissa is?"

     "Uh, she said she had somewhere to be, sir," Lucas answered, making Riley frown. Maybe he does know everything about Karissa.

     Cory stared at Lucas, puzzled. "Wh— she's supposed to be here." In response, Lucas simply shrugged.

     As if she timed it, Karissa had walked in, but not alone. She had her arm linked with that of her best friend, Jamie Burgess.

     Once he saw the two, Cory let out a yelp and backed away while pointing at them like he did to Karissa on the first day of school. "What are you doing here? You can't be here! I can barely handle each of you alone; I won't survive with both of you together," he spat rapidly, making the girls laugh.

     "Well," Jamie began, "I convinced my mom to move to New York and I don't think you really have a choice."

     After having a quick internal meltdown, Cory then proceeded to talk about the lesson of the day. Karissa and Jamie were conversing during that time and only tuned back in once they saw Farkle at the front of the class, and Cory in the former's seat.

     "With all due respect to history, Mister Matthews, what's important to our generation will be on this side of the timeline. When Farkle and technology rule... And I will easily be able to make another one of you," he plucked a hair from Riley's head, "another one of you," one from Maya, "and another one of—"