𝟣𝟥 | time capsule

time capsule!
"shawn and phoebe"

     𝓦hile in history class, Cory was proving how just because history is written down, doesn't mean it can't be changed

"There is a comfort in knowing that history is fixed. You can no sooner change history than you can change the nine planets in our solar system from Mercury to Pluto," Riley read from their textbook.

"Oh," the class chorused in realization.

     Confused, Riley questioned, "What?"

"Nice job, Mister Matthews."

"Yeah, I'll give you credit, that was clever," Karissa admitted after Lucas.

"What'd he do?" Lucas answered Riley's inquiry, "He just showed us history books can be wrong. You can change history."

"I don't get it."

Jamie slapped her hand on her forehead. "Dear, god," she muttered. She couldn't believe Riley didn't know.

"How could she not know?"

"Look at the bird!" Maya exclaimed, pointing to the other side of the classroom, causing Riley to turn excitedly and search for it. Karissa watched with her mouth hung open. "You're kidding me, right?" she mumbled, not wanting to believe Riley is that... impressionable.

"She doesn't know because she has us," Maya whispered harshly as she turned in her seat to look at Lucas. "The Riley committee," Farkle added. Maya continued, "The committee exists to keep certain information away from Riley."

"Like what?"

"Everything, really," Farkle specified.

Cory suddenly leaned over Maya's desk, saying, "Listen, this committee can't protect her for the rest of her life— She's getting too smart."

"She's looking for a bird," Farkle, Karissa, and Jamie pointed out in unison.

With a shrug, Cory ordered, "Well, someone's gotta tell her."

"You do it," Maya snapped, causing Cory to stand straight and shake his head with a shiver. "Nah! You do it."

"Hi, sweetie," Maya began, a large smile spreading across Riley's face. "Peaches."

"See, we've all been protecting you from something... You know Pluto?"

"Pluto? I love Pluto. Everybody knows that. Pluto's a little cutie pie. The smallest planet with the biggest heart— I love Pluto so much, I would kiss it on the face." Jamie couldn't hold back her eye roll. It's like every single day Riley does something that makes Jamie dislike her more and more.

Maya's head whipped to Cory. "Not doing it!"

"You're doing it!"

She then looked beside her at Jamie. "You do it."