𝟫 | game night jealousy

game night jealousy!
"why are you doing this"

     𝓐fter a minute of incessant knocking, Shawn opened the door to his home to see Josh with Auggie on his shoulders

"Hey, Shawn. It's Matthews' family game night; we're here for Karissa," Josh explained.

Moving out of the way so they could walk in, Shawn informed them, "She's in her room."

As the two were about to head to get Karissa, Shawn gazed at Josh with suspicion. "Josh..." he stopped him, "Do you have a thing for my daughter?"

Josh's eyes widened at the question. "W- What? No! Of course not!"

Shawn eyed him up and down for a moment before nodding his head. "Good. Because I'd have to kill you if you did."

"Understood."

Josh let out a breath of relief when Phoebe entered the room. "We should warn you... Karissa had a modeling gig after school and is passed out."

After nodding, still on edge from Shawn, Josh and Auggie made their way to Karissa's room. The former knocked lightly before turning the handle and slowly approached her bed where she was sleeping soundly.

With an adoring smile, Josh set Auggie down and crouched down beside Karissa, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Kris," he whispered, trying to wake her up as delicately as possible.

His delicate approach was interrupted by Auggie hopping onto her bed and jumping up and down while yelling at her to get up.

Karissa immediately sat up with a look of alarm. "What the he—" Josh covered her mouth before she could finish and allowed her to get a grip on her bearings.

"It's family game night!" Auggie exclaimed, still jumping on her. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

Karissa was about to protest, but ultimately decided against it. She could never say no to Auggie and she knew he wasn't going to give up anyways. So, with a loud groan, Karissa got out of bed and as soon as her back was facing Auggie, he swiftly jumped on her, causing her to stumble.

     "Auggie, honey, wouldn't you rather have Josh give you a piggy back ride?"

     "No!"

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

"Family game night," Auggie said as they barged into the Matthews, "now with extra family."

"They kidnapped me," Karissa exposed with a shrug as Auggie finally got off her back.

At the table, Maya grinned widely at Josh and twirled a strand of her hair. "Well hello." Auggie mocked her action, causing her smile to fall.

     Riley was a bit bummed Karissa was there. She thought this could be something where she can hang out with Lucas without her being there and taking all of his attention.