𝟣𝟢 | dates

dates!
"karissa, would you like
to go on a date with me"

     "𝓦hat the hell, Cory?" Karissa questioned once she tried and failed to open his classroom door

"We're actually trying to go to class and you lock us out?" Jamie asked as the two saw Riley standing and Cory making his way over to allow them entry.

As they walked to their seats, Lucas suddenly promised, "Mister Matthews, I'm not going to ask out your daughter." Karissa and Jamie glanced at each other, both perplexed as to what they missed in not even five minutes.

Meanwhile, hearing that crushed Riley.

"You're not?" It calmed Cory down for a moment, until he saw Lucas staring at Karissa. He then moved between them to block their view of one another. "Oh, no. Not Karissa either!"

"But, sir, she's not even your—"

"She's my best friend's kid and my goddaughter, which makes her mine by default."

Karissa and Jamie couldn't help but laugh. "Cory, there's a bit of a difference here. Your actual kid is thirteen and has never been on a date. Karissa is fourteen and has gone on one or two before," Jamie commented.

Though he was unable to pinpoint it, Lucas felt jealousy bubble up inside him. He didn't know why, considering Jamie was speaking in the past tense, so he didn't have anything to be jealous about.

"Thirteen or fourteen, first date or not, your dad will kill me if he finds out I just let this happen."

"Listen, I'm a big girl now and I'll go on a date with whoever I want, if someone even wants to ask me."

Lucas silently raised his hand, which made Karissa smile at him.

     Although, she quickly jumped up and carefully pushed Cory backwards by his shoulders so he was back at the front of the room and away from Lucas

Although, she quickly jumped up and carefully pushed Cory backwards by his shoulders so he was back at the front of the room and away from Lucas. Right before returning to her chair, Karissa grabbed Lucas' wrist and lowered his arm back down.