1

CHAPTER ONE: Summer Games

   "Come on, don't be a pussy, McKay."

   "I'm not," Christopher McKay struggled to defend himself, hands reaching up to run over his freshly rebraided hair. "My mom is a neat freak, she notices even the littlest of shit out of place."

    Nate shrugged, foot pressing just a little harder on the gas as he pushed the engine of the truce just a few numbers over the speed limit. "That's nothing. We'll just take a picture of everything so we know how to put it back after."

     McKay paused, his mind being slightly persuaded by the idealistic plan. His parents would be home until twelve in the afternoon the next day, and he figured if he kept up on cleanup throughout the night, it wouldn't be so hard the finish the next day. "This is some next level mission impossible shit—and now, on top of my brothers, I have to make sure my little sister keeps her mouth shut. She's gonna have me doing her fucking chores for weeks."

    "Who fucking cares?" Nate rolled his eyes, making a stop at the corner store on Seventeenth St. "Stop worrying about that and start thinking about all the pussy we're going to get tonight."

A grin broke out on the passengers face, the gentle scruff of a beard that McKay had taken care of like a parent would their child, for the whole summer. The new grownup look had gained him an undeniable amount of attention from the girls Nate liked to hang out with. Especially Cassie, her and Mckay had been messing around for weeks and he'd managed to keep it as undetectable as possible around his friends—they had a habit of fucking things up for him.

"Who all did you invite anyway?"

"Stop asking so many questions and get the chasers—I'll grab the rest." Nate walked deeper into the store, briefly shaking hands with Fez. He was the only drug dealer in East Highland that sold to high schoolers, but he was reliable and no one had ever died from his shit. "I need a couple bottles, like a quarter, and some of those little rolling papers."

Fezco mumbled a total under his breath, discreetly distributing the product in a brown paper bag—watchful blue eyes making sure no one else had noticed the exchange.

"Hey," McKay greets moments later, setting down liter after liter of lemonades and fruit punches and a few fleeces of solo cups.

"Throwing a party?"

"Yeah, come through if you want. It's at my house."

"Alora gonna be there?"

McKay frowned for a moment, forgetting for a fraction of a second that he'd seen his sister around Fezco quite a bit. He knew she liked to smoke a little weed and she also liked not having to ever pay for it. "Yeah," He finally answered, his brotherly instincts calming down. "Doesn't start until ten."