19

CHAPTER 19: Hot Girl

"Lo, wake yo bitch ass up!"

She awoke with a jolt, body sliding from the couch with a small shout. Alora kept a grip on her blanket, eyes thick with sleep and hair mussed from the night before. "That was rude."

"Don't even start talking to me about rude, your thong is on the roof of my store," Fez complained, his words beginning to fumble together slightly as his frustration slurred his words. Quick freckled hands snatched at empty water bottles and the wrappers of a few bags of chips that Nate had found in his car from the night before. "I can't believe you brought your booty call here."

"He's not a booty call, Fez." Alora's arms pushed through the holes in her shirt, not even caring anymore that her boobs were on full display. Her friend froze for a moment, his cheeks flushing a faint pink before he shook it off, one hand running over the expanse of his buzzcut. "Besides, I thought you said if I could get the furniture up here I can do whatever I want."

"Not with other guys."

Tension held thick in the air, the silver Dodge truck waiting for her just below the roofs edge, it's engine rumbling in the background. "I don't really understand why you're acting this way."

"You're leaving!" Fez shouts, his voice raising for the first time in the entirety of their friendship. Blue eyes lit ablaze with frustration, it's passion showing the in the stormy hues. A pre-roll was tucked in the curve of his left ear, a hand barely missing flicking it from its  place as he ran his palm down the scruffy stubble on his jaw. "You graduate in less than nine months and you're wasting all your fucking time with him. You don't answer my texts and when we do hang out we talk about him."

"You sound jealous."

He lets out a soft chuckle, one filled with anything but humor. "And if I am?"

Alora shifts under his unwavering glare, the darkness in his stare sending a shiver down the length of her spine. Smoothing down her bed-head, she finger detangled her hair until it was manageable enough to tie into a low bun. "Then, I would say you're being ridiculous because we've already talked about our plan for when I leave for college. It's never once been an issue until me and Nate starting messing around."

"This isn't messing around anymore," Fez adjusted the collar of his shirt, the dark grey material of his zip-up hugging a little tighter than she remembered—had he been working out? "You're basically dating him."

Alora scoffed, poking out a hip to rest her hand on. "And if I am?"

Fez flinched, disdain ever so clear on his freckled face as his tongue ran across the front of his bottom teeth. His lips pursed, fingers fumbling with the bottom of his shirt before reaching up for his blunt. A hand disappeared in the cup of his pocket as he fumbled to find a lighter—one pocket, the other, then both of the back and none provided what he desired.