22

CHAPTER 22:      Psychological Warfare for Dummies

CHAPTER 22:
Psychological Warfare for Dummies

A whole forty-eight hours had passed since last seeing Nate, two full turns around the sun; two thousand-eight hundred and eighty minutes had passed since snooping through his phone and finding out that he'd been responsible for the call that had triggered the police raiding Fezco's house in the dead of the night and Alora hadn't slept a wink since.

She'd been spending that time plotting and scheming with nothing but a blunt and red bull fueling her—not that it mattered. The moment the puzzle had finally pieced together; the proof of what Nate had done being shown right there before her face under the glow of his phone screen. The proof was in the pudding and now it was up to her to ensure that Nate got his just desserts.

"Good to know you didn't forget about me." Kat teased, her jet black bob swaying tauntingly as she made herself comfortable in the passenger seat of Alora's car. The lighthearted giggle that passed her lips died down as she took in the state of her best friend—Alora's jaw was clenched tight, her tongue pressing anxiously against the roof of her mouth as she stiffly guided the vehicle on the asphalt. "Your boy toy busy or something?"

The inquisitive tone of her voice didn't go unnoticed and Alora forced a calming breath, willing her shoulders to relax as she gave a weak smile. "Or something."

Kat clicked her seatbelt in place, pulling out her phone and reaching forward for the aux cord as she sighed happily, broadcasting the hickey that was barely hidden by the studded leather cuffed necklace she wore. "I don't even care, I just missed you and was dying to tell you what happened after you disappeared at the Halloween party."

The sudden change of topic was appreciated; there was no way she'd be able to tell Kat what had happened—she promised; swore on her life that she'd never tell a soul what had taken place that weekend. She smiled, peeking over at her friend as she maneuvered swiftly through traffic. "I'm listening."

"Ethan was there—I'm pretty sure he was drunk out of his mind because he pulled me upstairs to the bathroom and we made out," A blush spread across alabaster skin, gooey brown eyes drifting off as she replayed the moment over and over in her mind. Kat thrived off of the feeling, reeling from being so publicly desired; burning from the feeling of Ethan's lips on her mouth, on her neck, small kisses that trailed further and further until, "And then he went down on me."

"You're lying," Alora gasped, girly squeals erupting from her mouth. "I didn't think he had it in him." Inquisitive eyes slid over to her friend. "Was it good?"

"I don't have anything to compare it to," Kat divulged, her elbows bracing on the middle console as she leaned closer to Alora. It had been so long since they'd hung out like this, both so caught up in life and boys that their friendship had been placed on the back burner on the list of priorities—it sucked. Hurt even. Though, Kat would never say that out loud. "But it felt good, really good."