i. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮?

i meant to upload this a long time ago, but i forgot, so i hereby present marijon week 2021!!

-

Ladybug took off as fast as she could as soon as the akuma was defeated.

She jumped into an alley close to the bakery and detransformed. While Tikki was eating her cookies, Marinette panicked.

There was definitely something wrong with her. She liked two people at the same time. That wasn't supposed to be possible.

"Tikki, what's wrong with meeee?" she moaned. "Why do I have a crush on Jon and Superbooooy? This is a disaster! If I manage to even ask one of them out, they're going to figure out I like someone else at the same time and then dump me and then I'm going to be single for the rest of my life and probably live on my own with 20 cats and- Tikki? What's wrong? Why are you- Oh. Oh my Kwami. I am so dead."

At the mouth of the alleyway, standing there was Superboy himself. With his jaw almost touching the floor.

It was a safe bet to assume he had seen Marinette detransform.

Shit.

And heard her confession of her crush on him.

Double shit.

Dear Kwami, she was so screwed.

◇─◇──◇─◇

Jon was in Paris with Damian to investigate the 'Hawkmoth Situation' as they had dubbed it.

During that time, they were attending the best school in the city, Francois Dupont. The class he was put in took stupid to a whole new level except for one blue-eyed girl.

Marinette.

She was the only person in the class (at least he thought so until he met the model who refused to stand up for his so-called friend) who didn't believe the Lie-la girl and her outlandish stories. Like seriously. Lie-la said she was dating Damian and that he was 'such a sweetheart'. Hadn't the class heard of something called Google?

At any rate, she was the only person who tried to call her out. As a result, the class made her an outcast. That was when she and Jon became friends. And over the last past few weeks, he had developed a crush on her, because who wouldn't?

Marinette was literally the epitome of sunshine and sweetness with her personality and generosity. She was pretty too.

Honestly, he wasn't sure why anyone hadn't tried to ask her out yet, but Jon wouldn't linger on that when he could. But it was probably because of her 'crush' on Adrien. Though she said it had died out when she realized, quote, that he was a 'spineless coward', unquote.

Then, he met Ladybug. The heroine of Paris, singlehandedly carrying the burden of the hero mantle (Chat-brat didn't count because he hardly showed up anyway). Through the times he helped her as Superboy, he also got a crush on her too. Which was not good.

So, he was going back to the apartment where he and Damian were living when he saw a pink flash in an alley next a bakery (Marinette's parent's bakery, he noted. NO! NOT THE TIME JON! GAH!). Anywaaay, he took off to it, just in case it was an akuma.

That was when he saw it was Ladybug detransforming. Try as he might, Jon could not stop looking, especially when some kind of creature flew out her earrings and- wait what? Marinette was Ladybug?

Oh my god!

Marinette sunshine-incarnate Dupain-Cheng. Was. Ladybug.

And she had a crush on him! BOTH SIDES OF HIM!

Jon.exe has paused.

Jon.exe has blanked out.

Jon.exe has crashed.

Jon.exe has gone for maintenance.

Jon did not register it when the creature (her name was Tikki or something?) saw him.

He did not register it when Marinette noticed him.

He did not register it when she stopped talking.

He did not register it when she walked towards him.

He did register it when she tapped him on the shoulder and asked him hesitantly, "Are you okay?"

And the first thing that came out of his mouth was "Marinette's Ladybug. Ladybug is Marinette. Marinette has a crush on Jon also known as me. Ladybug has a crush on Superboy."

Marinette's face colored with embarrassment. Jon mentally slapped himself on the forehead as she mumbled out, "Are you disappointed?"

Jon shook his head frantically as he said "No, no, no! Of course not Marinette! I'm actually kinda surprised how I didn't see it before."

Her head shot up and the adorable light in her bluebell eyes was back, shining hopefully (God, he could stare into them forever...) as she said "Really?"

Jon nodded eagerly as he pulled off his mask. Marinette's eyes blinked in shock when she saw who he was. She whispered out, "Jon?"

His face turned a little red as she processed the information and scrutinized his face. He jumped when she yelped out, "Oh my Kwami! I have a crush on the same person Tikki!"

The...creature from before flew out and smiled at her.

Jon stared at it distrustfully. Marinette sensing his discomfort explained what it was to him. When she was finished, she realized what she said from before and her cheeks warmed up considerably.

She muttered to him, "So..umm...you might have heard that I..uh..have a crush on you? But it's fine if you don't! I totally don't mind!"

Jon smiled at her and stuttered out a reply. "Uh yeah, I heard that. And I like you too. Both sides of you." He added as an afterthought.

Marinette smiled up at him. Jon continued. "So do like wanna go on a date with me? Like it's fine if you don't want to-"

"I would love to go." she replied warmly, her smiled as bright as the sun.

Jon smiled with her too. He had a date with Marinette!

BONUS:

As they stood in the moonlight, Jon and Marinette stared at each other.

"Can I kiss you?" Jon suddenly asked her.

His answer was her lips on his.

BONUS 2:

As they walked hand-in-hand to class on Monday, Adrien stared at Marinette and Jon. Why were they holding hands? And why did Jon just kiss Marinette? What was that feeling in his stomach?

Adrien asked Marinette, "Why are you guys holding hands?"

Marinette smiled at Jon (the one she used to give him, Adrien realizes) and replied, "We're dating!"

That left a bitter taste in Adrien's mouth. He couldn't figure out why.