vi. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

Jon ran a hand through his hair as he waited for his girlfriend to open the door to her apartment at 2am in the morning.

He got a phone call from Tikki - who was extremely worried and rightfully so because Marinette had been working on her portfolio to submit to Edna Mode for an internship since 8 o'clock in the morning yesterday to now. She had only stopped for bathroom breaks, not even stopping to eat or drink anything.

Jon didn't want to bother her yesterday because he could understand it when she was in 'the zone' as a fellow writer himself. But this? This was far too long. Maybe he should have stopped her before, but there was nothing he could do now as he waited for her to open the door.

Finally, she opened the door looking cutely mussed up. Her hair was pinned up into a messy bun with a pencil holding it up and her eyes were bleary with tiredness.

She yawned loudly and asked curiously, "Jon? What are you doing here?"

Jon chuckled at her and said, "To make you sleep of course. It's 2am in the morning."

Her eyes widened in shock. "I thought it was only 12?"

Jon shook his head at her and let himself in. "Nope. Now come on, you're going to change and get into bed."

Marinette's eyes widened in panic as she yelped, "NO! You can't! I still have to add the final details in my portfolio that will only take 2 minutes." Seeing as Jon was not going to budge, she used the cute puppy eyes she knew he could never resist. "Pleeeeease Jon? Just two minutes?"

Jon sighed, damn him and his inability to say no to those eyes! "All right. But just two minutes. I'm counting."

Before he was even finished, Marinette had raced off to finish it off. Jon heard a light giggle coming out of Tikki as she floated out of her doll house. She said in her high-pitched voice, "She's been working on it all day long. You should really see it, it's beautiful."

And Jon had to agree with her. Marinette had really outdone herself while making this portfolio. There were no words to describe how amazing it was.

As he steered her towards bed, Jon reassured her that Edna Mode would absolutely love it. "How could she not? Those designs were amazing Mari!"

His girlfriend giggled at that as she pulled him down on the bed with her. 5 seconds later she was fast asleep, even in her unconscious state snuggling into Jon.

Said man smiled at his girlfriend affectionately and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

◇─◇──◇─◇

2 months later Marinette came crashing into Jon's apartment yelling, "I GOT IN! I HAVE AN INTERNSHIP WITH EDNA MODE!"

Jon laughed at her happiness and spun her around. He kissed her nose lightly and said, "I told you you'd get in didn't I?"

Marinette smiled at him. How did she score such an amazing boyfriend? "Yes you did and I love you for it."

Jon smiled at her tenderly. "I love you too."