ii. 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐚𝐮

It was closing time at the CoffeeNut, the coffee shop Marinette worked at to earn some extra dollars while she was at university, when a tall and blonde man came barreling through the door and said"Iknowyou'reabouttoclosesoI'llgiveyouextra$20,canyoupleasetakemyorder?"

Marinette blinked at him in surprise and replied, "I'm sorry, can you repeat that slower? I couldn't understand what you were saying."

The man took a deep breath and repeated, "I know you're about to close and I'll give you an extra $20, but can you please take my order of the most caffeinated beverage you have? I've had the worst day possible in history and I really need the caffeine."

Marinette looked at his flustered state and nodded. If there was anyone at all who could relate to him, oh boy, it was her. She can still remember the days where she would be rushing around for school because she was too busy too sleep early. "Yeah sure, don't worry about it. Do you want to tell me about it? I'm Marinette by the way."

The man - handsome, she noted - smiled at her and replied "Jon. And sure why not? So first, I forgot to bring my project for this graded thing in one of my classes and because I forgot it my teacher makes me wait after class so that I can run back and get it. Then, I get late for the class after that and get a load of homework for that. After that, my uhh..dad needs my help in his umm...extracurricular activities and I trip and scrape my arm which makes it potentially disabled for the rest of the week. And now, I'm really tired but I need to finish that homework my teacher gave me because it's due tomorrow and it's going to take me double time because the arm I write with is scraped like I said before."

Marinette shook her head sympathetically at the amount of disasters he's gone through. She shot a smile at him and gave him his caffeinated beverage. "Here's the most caffeinated drink in this shop, and I hope your homework get's submitted on time. You don't need to pay me the extra $20 since the shop wasn't closed anyway."

Jon smiled at her gratefully and took the cup. "Thanks Marinette, I appreciate it. Have a nice night!"

"You too!" she replied.

◇─◇──◇─◇

As Jon walks outside drinking from his cup he sees a paper stuck on it. It says:

Call me if you ever need any help

XXX - XXX - XXX

- Marinette

Jon grins at it and turns around to see if Marinette is watching him. What he sees though is a dark shop with a shadow moving around tidying everything up.

◇─◇──◇─◇

A week later, a friendship blossoms.

3 months later, Jon and Marinette go on their first date.

2 weeks after that, it's official. Jonathan Kent and Marinette Dupain-Cheng are a couple.

1 year after their graduation, they are bonded for life. Jonathan and Marinette Kent.

Some time later, they'll have their first child, a girl, Marie Anne Kent.

Then their second child, a boy this time, Elijah Clark Kent.

And at the ripe age of 98 and 97 respectively, Jonathan and Marinette Kent will die, in each other's arms.