chapter 3

ᯓ ᡣ𐭩

It was afternoon, when Jin was making his way to his cafe, "Eat-Jin," which was only a block away. At first, he didn't want to go, as he wanted to play with his nephew and take care of Tae as well, but the younger male forced him to go, saying he still needed to take care of his cafe. Jin said he could manage that, insisting that family would always come first before anything, but Taehyung insisted that he go, saying that he could take care of himself and his son.

Taehyung also mentioned that his house was messy and he needed to clean up, which made Jin huff and reply, "You just don't need me and love me anymore." He knew that this was a lie, but he wanted to try and convince his brother. Unfortunately, luck was not on his side, as Taehyung only stared at him with a bored expression and slammed the door in his face. So, Jin was left with no other option rather than making his way towards his cafe.

While walking, he couldn't help but let his mind slip through a memory lane about his brother. He thought about how Tae had changed after his lover's death, how he blamed himself over and over again for something he hadn't done. Jin wanted to help his brother in any way possible and couldn't bear to see him in that state any longer.

Jin wanted the old Taehyung back. The memory of how his brother was at the phase where he was so ready to end everything. It was still fresh in his mind, and he didn't want to remember it at all. He was traumatized for it to happen again.

Four years ago

it was already 5 in the afternoon and Seokjin was on his way home after buying groceries for him and his brother. Today was the first anniversary of his brother's partner's death, and it had been a chaotic day. Taehyung's boyfriend had died a year ago from a car accident, leaving Taehyung with their unborn child. Everything had changed in the blink of an eye.

Taehyung was not doing well. During his pregnancy, he was devastated by the accident, and the stress was no good for him or the baby. He could barely eat without crying or searching for his partner, which made it hard for Seokjin to console him. Seokjin was distraught by his brother's behavior, but he never left Taehyung's side. He was patient taking care of his brother even if he seems to be having a hard time doing so, he managed to do it.

When Taehyung went into labor, they were all frightened as he barely survived after giving birth to his son, who he named Kim Jeongguk. Fortunately, he survived but had to be hospitalized for three weeks. Seokjin thought that Taehyung would change after giving birth to his son, but he only got worse. He would drink or cry while staring at his boyfriend's picture. He even forgot that he had a son to take care of. However, Seokjin was there for him and did the work that Taehyung should have been doing for his son. He understood how Taehyung felt, it was hard for someone to lose their loved one.

Seokjin's exhaustion could be seen on his face as he dealt with his brother's marathon of crying while also taking care of his three-month-old nephew. As the loving brother that he is, he comforted Taehyung and stayed with him. However, Taehyung didn't stop crying, saying that he needed his boyfriend and would only stop if he came back. Seokjin found himself shedding tears, as he didn't know what to do to calm his brother. He wished that he could see Taehyung's partner again, but he was dead, and there was no way to bring him back.

Seokjin was overwhelmed with despair. How could someone bring the dead back to life? The thought was driving him mad. If Taehyung didn't calm down, Seokjin would surely lose his mind. If only Koo was still alive, he might be with Seokjin, with Seokjin's hands around his neck, choking him.