Chapter 6

ᯓ ᡣ𐭩

"Goodbye, hyung," Taehyung muttered as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

Silence filled the air, and the brunette glanced up at Jin, who avoided making eye contact and seemed to be purposely ignoring him.

Silence continued to linger, and Taehyung knew Jin's behavior all too well. He's upset. When he was mad, he would resort to this silent treatment. They had been in similar situations before, but Taehyung still disliked it when his hyung ignored him.

He understood that they needed to discuss what Jin had overheard earlier in the conversation between his nephew and Taehyung. But he also knew that talking about it would likely lead to an argument, and he was too tired and not in the mood for a fight. Right now, his focus was on securing the job for himself and his son

A deep sigh escaped Taehyung's lips, reflecting his frustration. He tapped Jin's shoulder twice before getting out of the car. However, before Taehyung could even mutter a farewell again the car drove away, leaving him standing there.

Another sigh escaped him, though his interview hadn't even begun, but he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts, and chant encampment to himself, "Let's stay positive, Taetae, and not let negativity affect you. Fighting!"

With those words of encouragement, he stepped inside the building. The exquisite design and the numerous people bustling about left him in awe.

"Damn," he mumbled under his breath, impressed by the luxurious ambiance.

He approached the information desk, where a girl in a black uniform, her hair neatly tied up, greeted him with a polite smile.

"Good day, sir. How may I assist you?" she asked politely.

Biting his lower lip shyly, the brunette replied, "I'm here for an interview for the secretary position. Could you please let me know where it's being held?"

"Wait a second, sir," the girl said as she quickly searched for the necessary information on her laptop.

"Ah, you're just in time, the interview will start in 7 minutes. It will be held in the CEO's office on the top floor, at the end of the hallway. You can use the elevator to reach there quickly."

Taehyung nodded, following her instructions.

___________

Inside the Elevator

After pressing the button for the top floor, he patiently waited inside the elevator. However, he wasn't alone. Two people stood beside each other engaged in lively conversation, while he remained in the corner, quietly fidgeting with his fingers—a nervous habit of his.

"Do I look prettier now?" the girl asked her friend, as she faced the side mirror, applying more makeup to her face.

"Hmm, a little more wouldn't hurt," her friend replied.

"Okay," she complied, adding another layer.

"I bet the CEO will be stunned when he first sees us," she exclaimed.