𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

HAS YOUR father died yet?” My stepmother asked when I arrived home.

I eyed her with a murderous eye. She was simply irritating me with her constant ill wishes towards my dad.

I could hit her, but a man that hits a woman is not a man and that would not be respectful even if I do not respect her at all. 

I didn’t want to answer that stupid question, so I ignored her and sauntered into my room.

“Looks like he is dead. Time to celebrate.” She shouted from behind me.

I rolled my eyes, trying my best not to insult her. She deserved many insults from me, but it would serve me no purpose in insulting her.

When I arrived at my room, the first thing my eyes caught sight of was my virtual reality headsets. I couldn’t use them that day because of how pained the news of my dad’s illness made me hurt.

But when I glanced at them, my stomach took a sudden leap. There was no better time to use them.

I went into my closet and pulled out grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. Then I went into the bathroom to get myself cleaned up. After that long day at school, I needed to clean myself up and ease all the stress I was experiencing.

After cleaning myself up and getting fully dressed, I got my virtual reality goggles, ready to use them.

It gave me a black screen the last time I used them, so I was hoping it wouldn’t do the same.

I turned them on after gathering all my courage, but I was disappointed to see a black screen again.

Maybe there was something I was missing. I removed them and went to search in its box for the manual.

Then I saw the sensors which reminded me I didn’t plug them too. Maybe that was what was missing to remove that black screen.

I didn’t know how to plug them, so I referred to my manual. It was weird that I needed to attach the box-like ends of my sensors to my head. I did so and tried to wear my headsets again.

This time, I didn’t see a black screen, but I saw what appeared to be completely white walls. I didn’t understand how that was possible, but I looked around and it looked like I was in a completely white room.

I started walking around that white room, looking for a way to get out. From a distance, I saw a door, so I immediately walked towards it.

I glanced at the doorknob. It was an enormous diamond and reflected light like a genuine diamond.

Out of immense curiosity, I held it. I could feel it. It was as hard as the real thing. I turned the doorknob in anticipation of seeing my new girlfriend.

When I completely opened the door, I screamed in fear of what was before me.

A man. Yes, a man, stood before me. He was a white man, and I didn’t understand why he was before me instead of a girl.

His artificial smile caught my attention. He looked very real that I almost forgot he is a part of the game.

“Hey, sir.” A robotic voice came from his mouth. No surprise there.

“Hey, excuse me, but I am expecting to see a female and not you,” I said bluntly. It was annoying to see him because I wanted to see my new girlfriend.

“Hold on Mr. Kakerr.” The thing said.

“I am not Mr. Kakerr, I am Mr. Corker.” I corrected it. I am very particular about how my name is pronounced.

“Well, sir, I am your virtual guide. My job is to help you with any issues you may have with your invisible girlfriend.” It said, grinning creepily.