𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

I REMOVED my contact lenses.

That act took me a lot of courage because, for a while, I hid behind them due to my bullying experience. After the conversation I last had with Chioma, she reminded me not to fear being bullied anymore and for me to be myself.

I woke up earlier so that I could go to school early; as Chioma advised me. Never, at any point, would I follow someone's advice so closely, but I had every reason to follow her advice. It felt like the right thing to do.

I stood at the school's parking lot at 5: 30 AM. The earliest I have ever gone to school at.

The school was already open, thankfully. So I went to it and I was grateful not to notice Akin or any of his fellow bullies.

It sure felt awkward to see very few students walk in the hallways. I checked my school timetable and the first subject was art, so I sauntered into the art classroom.

It was empty, so I settled in my usual seat. Only 15 minutes had gone by and for the classroom to get filled up, it would take way longer, so I needed to keep myself busy.

I grabbed my favorite psychology novel entitled 'facts about girls.' When you're single as hell, such a novel is very appealing to read. I found it in one book store and I immediately bought it upon seeing it.

My jaw instantly dropped when I read one particular fact.

If a guy remembers something important to a girl that she said and brings it up later, it makes that girl feel special.

So it's that easy to make her feel special?

I kept reading more and gathering information I probably might not use because it's like I will be single till death.

When I read over fifty pages, I saw some students walk into the classroom. I at once closed the book and put it into my bag. I would not want someone to judge me for reading such a weird book. I grabbed one of my school textbooks and read that instead.

Shortly, the entire class got filled up with students, and then later came Mrs. Chinara. Like any usual day, she greeted the class with her unique smile.

"How's your project going?" Mrs. Chinara asked, grinning widely like the project she gave us was so easy to execute.

"Madam, I still do not know what to do. What exactly should we do?" Jane, a chubby dark-skinned girl, asked. Her question drew murmurs from the entire class.

"She is right, madam." Two other girls seated near her complained.

The smile on Mrs. Chinara's face slowly turned into a frown. "I thought my instructions were very clear."

"They were, madam, but not crystal clear. I didn't understand them." Jane said, fueling the anger of Mrs. Chinara.

"Before I scream, how many of you agree with her?" She asked, her nails biting into her own palms.

The entire class raised their hands and I couldn't make it awkward by not raising mine.

"Even you, Aretta?" Mrs. Chinara muttered. Aretta has always been her favorite student, so seeing her raise her hand too might have disappointed her.

"Okay, if that's so, I will explain, but I wish you told me earlier that none of you understood what the project was about." Mrs. Chinara grabbed chalk and walked toward the board.

"We are sorry, madam," Jane said on behalf of the entire class.

"I previously said that the project will involve the use of art to portray the life story of both you and your partner. What I meant was you need to do an art piece that tells your stories. Art is there to tell a story, and this project is here to test you guys on all the elements of art I have been teaching you since we began. Let me just elaborate further."