𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

After Clara was done decorating both the first and second floors while also managing to help others with their own respective tasks, she helped Mirabel arrange a bunch of candles with doilies that had every name of the Madrigal family

After Clara was done decorating both the first and second floors while also managing to help others with their own respective tasks, she helped Mirabel arrange a bunch of candles with doilies that had every name of the Madrigal family. Clara held the doilies on her hands and the candles on the other, as Mirabel was the one arranging them in front of every Madrigal door.

Clara was silently handing out the doily and candle as they went from door to door. Once Mirabel stood up, they walked to the next door. Clara did not notice that the girl was not following her anymore.

The older girl turned around and noticed Mirabel staring at the pictures hanging on the wall. Every picture was a Madrigal; it was the day of their gift ceremony. Alma was standing with the magical candle in her hands and a younger version of every Madrigal family member beside her, and behind them was a glowing door.

The only Madrigals who weren't there were Félix, Agustin... and Mirabel.

Clara can remember that day clearly: Mirabel's gift ceremony.

——

Little Clara was holding Mirabel's hand. The younger girl requested to have Clara with her before she walked toward the door. Her very own door. The little girl was bouncing in excitement. Soon she'll have her gift, and she'll be special like the rest of her family.

"Are you excited, Mira?" Clara asked the younger girl, who was smiling so widely and so brightly that you could practically see the way her eyes shine against her green-rimmed glasses. But the older girl can still feel the way her little hands were trembling. Who wouldn't be nervous about walking while many eyes are staring at you? As a child, that could be overwhelming.

"Mhm, when I get to my door, we'll always have sleepovers and pillow fights," Mirabel said excitedly, "and we'll always be in my room where Mi Primo won't be bothering us." This made Clara laugh lightly.

"Well, we'll be doing that soon." Clara noticed Mirabel's family, her parents and sisters, were waiting on the side to have their own little moment with their youngest.

Clara smiled at them, then held Mirabel's hands on her own. "If you feel nervous, what would you do?"

"Just look for the glowing butterfly," Mirabel told her softly, making the older girl smile and nod.

"I have to go now. I'll see you on the other side of this curtain; you will be okay, I promise." She hugged the girl before she let go and stepped back to give space for Mirabel's family.