𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

 Clara was leading Camilo inside the Casita when she turned around to face him

Clara was leading Camilo inside the Casita when she turned around to face him. "I'll find my familia, Mi Sol. Go and find yours; Antonio needs his hermano." She winked at him before walking off.

Camilo has a dopey grin on his face, and if it's possible, his eyes turned into hearts. "I love that girl."

––

Clara stood with her family, waiting for the curtain to reveal Antonio, when she felt someone clinging to her arm. She looked to her right when she saw Camilo with a pink hue on his face, avoiding eye contact with her.

She just smiled softly before putting her hand over his. She can tell that Camilo is also hopeful about his little brother getting a gift; he doesn't want to see the same disappointed and upset face Mirabel had when she didn't get hers.

"Everything will be fine, Mi Sol; I just know it." She muttered quietly to him, and she received a nod in return.

Clara heard the drums starting to play, and she saw Alma standing in the courtyard, holding the magic candle with an anxious look on her face. Clara can't help but straighten her back and plaster a smile on her face. Just like how she always practiced.

"Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle." Alma started her usual speech, "And the greatest honor of our family has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community. Tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the light... to make us proud."

Clara internally frowned at that. Was she implying that Mirabel didn't make her proud because she wasn't given a gift? Her train of thought got interrupted when the curtain drew back to reveal Antonio as the crowd cheered. He's wearing the brooch Clara gave him, making the girl's smile bigger.

However, Clara's smile faltered a little when Antonio wouldn't move, even if Casita encouraged him to move. Clara saw him stretching his hand from behind the curtain. She gasped a little when she saw Mirabel before smiling again at the both of them.

The crowd watched as the two of them climbed up the stairs. Clara got hit by the memories of Mirabel's gift ceremony again, and she's disgusted at herself when she feels sympathy and pity for her friend when she knows that Mirabel doesn't need that; she just needs someone to believe in her and to be proud of her.

"Mi Luna? Clara?" She vaguely heard before she felt someone tugging her hand gently. "Clara? You okay?" She heard Camilo ask her with a worried expression on his face.

Clara can't help but feel soft. "Si Mi Sol, I just remembered something."

She paid attention to the gift ceremony once more. Clara saw a toucan land on Antonio's arm as it chirped. Like it's saying something to him, "Uh-huh, uh-huh, I understand you." Antonio was happily surprised as the Toucan squawked, "Of course they can come!"