VIII. THOR'S VISION

VIII. THOR'S VISION
__________

"We almost there?" Luna asked, leaning on the back of the pilot seat, where Steve was keeping an eye on their course, making sure nothing could surprise them.

"Could you not ask me that every five minutes?" Cap retorted, exasperated.

It had been a while and they were almost done crossing the Pacific Ocean. Despite the Quinjet being much faster than a regular plane, it would still take a while to reach New York.

"Okay, but we've been in this whack tin can for hours and the twins keep grilling me. They creep me out." Luna whispered, making sure the twins couldn't hear.

Cap rolled his eyes, "I thought you said they were cute?" He checked the controls, "We're about to fly over California and without stops or detours, it should be about 2 hours 'till we get to The City. Get steady, kid, and try not to piss them off too much." Cap looked at her pointedly.

Luna scoffed and pushed away from the seat, making her way to the back of the plane, sitting on the opposite bench of Wanda and Pietro. She leaned her back against the wall and propped her legs on top of bench. It wasn't long before she got bored. She felt the cold steel beneath her. Might as well. She stared in concentration at the place where she gripped the steel of the bench. Nothing happened.

Luna was too deep in her own thing; she didn't notice the twins furiously whispering to each other. She caught glimpses of their conversation. Sokovian, she noticed, is very close to Russian.

"я собираюсь поговорить с ней." Talk to her, or something like that, Pietro said. Luna's Russian wasn't the best and the Sokovian dialect made it only harder.

"это плохая идея." Wanda replied. Something about an idea that was bad.

Pietro was standing up, but Luna kept her eyes focused on the bench. Wanda grabbed his hand, "она такая же, как они, Pietro. Оставь это."

Luna looked up at the insult, "You know I can understand you, right?" She snapped.

She was glad to see the surprised look on Wanda's face. "You speak Sokovian?"

Luna shrugged, "I understand Russian, Sokovian is close enough. Can't speak it, though." It was quiet for a moment, "What?" Luna asked, "Didn't see that when you broke into my mind?" There was an unexplainable venom lacing the sentence.

Wanda flinched back slightly, averting her eyes and busying herself by staring into the void.

Pietro didn't leave it alone. He went to sit at a couple of inches away Luna. He didn't say anything, and it drove Luna mad. She slid closer to him, keeping her voice low, "Your sister seems nice."

"She doesn't trust you." Pietro replied.

Luna raised a confused eyebrow at him, "And you do?"

He shrugged, "Enough. You seem to care about people."

"Oh... Well, thanks for noticing." She smiled and crossed her arms.

"When we get to the lab, are you gonna try to kill Stark?" She asked.

Pietro frowned at her.

"I wouldn't blame you," She quickly added, "But I'd have to stop you."

He raised his eyebrows at her, "I would like to see you try."

"You don't think I could?" Luna asked, surprised to notice she was enjoying her banter with the older boy, "So, just because you're a little faster, you'd win?"

"And you would never see it coming." He smiled boldly.

Luna shook her head, "Nah, I'd feel you coming." She stomped her foot on the ground, "I can feel the vibrations."

"That's how you knew I was coming." He nodded along, "And managed to hit me."

Luna glanced at the fading blue mark on his cheek, "You deserved that."