I. A WEEK IN THE LIFE OF LUNA CARTER

(long-ass, filled-to-the-brim-ass chapter alert!)
__________

Monday – April 27th – 07:00

Mondays were usually Luna Carter's least favorite day of the week. This week, however, it would most certainly be Sunday. Sunday was May 3rd, a.k.a Luna's 18th birthday. Was she looking forward to it? No, not exactly. Because the day after, everybody would be mourning the lost ones from the Battle of New York, three years ago. And the days leading up to Luna's birthday wouldn't be particularly pleasant either.

Ever since her parents' car crash, she had been plagued with nightmares, which had only doubled in intensity since she became one of the Earth's mightiest heroes. And now that she had two roommates to think about, one of which could literally sense her greatest fears; she couldn't exactly wake up in the middle of the night with a panic attack.

Luna never really did anything for her birthday, and the only person that had ever remembered was Amy. Luna hadn't seen the little redhead since she got adopted by a lovely couple in Kansas. She would probably just visit Peggy again, this year. And thus began Luna's least favorite week of the year, her birthday week.

She woke up at seven, reluctantly climbed out of bed as she already heard Pietro stomping around in the small-scale kitchen. He had this incessant inability to be fucking quiet in the mornings. Both Wanda and Luna were not morning people. Luna, with her eyes half open, zombie-d to the shower and let the hot water wake her up. At that moment, she realized she was still wearing her socks. In the shower. She grumbled and cursed and pried the soaked socks from her feet, throwing them on the floor.

Her morning didn't get better from there. She tripped on the mountains of clothing and books on her small bedroom floor and her brush proceeded to get stuck in her hair.

When she finally did manage to get out into the kitchen, Wanda stood ready with a steaming cup of black coffee. She took it gratefully.

"Wow, you look terrible." Pietro said as he sauntered out of his and Wanda's room (they preferred not be alone at night).

"'Suka." Luna grumbled as she sat on the barstool at the kitchen counter.

"I see the Russian is rubbing off on you." He smiled and patted her shoulder before sitting down on the couch.

"What has got you all grumpy today?" Wanda asked as she leaned against the counter next to Luna. "Nightmares again?"

Luna grimaced and sipped her coffee, "Fuck off."

"Look who is the 'suka now." Pietro called out.

"Suck my dick, Speedy." Luna countered.

"I would if you actually grew a pair."

"Charming." Luna said and quietly added, "Mu'dak."

Wanda chuckled as she heard, and walked around the kitchen to sit next to her brother on the couch. She focused her gaze on the girl in the kitchen (the living room and the kitchen were basically the same place. It was a small NYC apartment) and smiled to herself as she watched Luna grumpily sip her coffee and trying to cover up the fact that she had burned her tongue on the hot liquid.

Sometimes Wanda couldn't grasp the fact that this was now her and Pietro's apartment, their home. Maybe because they hadn't had a home in years, or maybe because nobody had ever shown them the kindness that Luna Carter had. The girl was a little rough around the edges sometimes and she refused to ever talk about herself. Luna talked about everything else a lot.

She liked talking about little Amy and the kids they used to tease in the group home. She loved talking about all the history and culture that went with her status as The Avatar and she loved telling embarrassing stories about the Avengers.