Will You?

Characters/ship: Eduardo x Jon

Prompt: Proposal

Words: 2161

Content warnings: this is overwhelmingly adorable... like I almost cried while writing this fr

~~~

"You're gonna propose!?" Mark exclaimed while he paced around Jon's room, running his hand through his hair.

"Shhhh-! Not so loud! I don't want the whole neighborhood to hear!" Jon shushed back.

The blonde only rolled his eyes at this. "Eduardo is at work! He can't hear us! But really? You're gonna pop the question already?"

Jon shrugged with a small smile. "It's our four-year anniversary next week, I'm tired of waiting for him to make a move. He hasn't told you he has any plans to, has he?"

"Nope, haven't heard anything of the sort from him. To be honest I don't really think the idea has come across his mind. Why did you wanna talk about this with me anyways?"

"Well..." Jon gave a nervous chuckle. "I just- I don't know what to do! I don't want it to be a big deal or anything, I'd be way too nervous if there were lots of people around. But I can't just do it in the house, I want it to be romantic y'know? It needs to be something meaningful but simple... and oh god-! I still need to get a ring and-"

His rambling was stopped by the taller blonde placing a hand on his shoulder. "Jon, Jon... calm down, okay? Look, Eduardo still won't be home for another couple of hours. How about we go over to the jewelry store and look for a ring while he's gone? While we're out we can think of some ideas of how you can go about this whole thing, okay?" Mark gave a smile. It was funny how everyone always came to him for romance advice. Not only did he have more dating experience than both his housemates combined, but he was also the most level-headed of the three that he was really the only one people came to for any sort of advice.

Jon took a deep sigh of relief at these words, a small smile forming on his face. "Thanks, Mark-"

"Anytime! Let's get going then, I'm going to help you give Eduardo the best gift of his life-"

~~~

"Where are we going?" Eduardo shifted in the passenger's seat of the car.

"I told you, it's a surprise-!" Jon replied with a grin. The two had just finished eating lunch at some small cafe downtown (the same one they had their first date at all those years ago), and Jon had insisted that he had somewhere else he wanted to take Eduardo before they went back home.

Eduardo let a chuckle. "A surprise, huh? Well, that's certainly new."

"I promise you, you're gonna love it! Close your eyes now! We're almost there-!"

~~~

The car pulled into the parking lot and Jon pulled out the keys. He felt himself grow somewhat nervous as he got out of the car, going to the other side and helping the eyes-still-closed Eduardo out of the vehicle.

"You can open your eyes now."

Eduardo's eyes fluttered open and he smiled as he looked up at the large building in front of them.