Wedding AU - Bonus stuff and art :)

Hiya!!! Duardy here!! Thank u guys so much for reading the 2 parts of my wedding au!!! it's been a lil passion project of mine that just kinda... sucked me in lol. I've had a lot of ideas that I could really figure out how to fit them into the story so I decided to make a kinda "bonus chapter" to just ramble about that and show off some of the art I've done for it!!

first off: art!!!! here's the reference sheet i made for their wedding outfits as well as a drawing I did of their kiss :) I have some other doodles i'm working on that relate to this au but i'm still working on them lol. I think soon I'll do a chapter that's just a compilation of all my jonuardo doodles and art because i have a LOT lol

 I think soon I'll do a chapter that's just a compilation of all my jonuardo doodles and art because i have a LOT lol

~~~

~~~

So, I had a few mentions to their families in the story but didn't wanna go too specific so i'll put some notes about that here

Jon is the middle child of five kids, and is the only boy of the group. many of his sisters are already married and have kids, all of which were invited to the wedding. His whole family is a pretty tight knit group and they're all very close, so almost all of his family is in attendance at the wedding and makes up more than half of the overall guests in attendance.

Eduardo's family history is... complicated. I can't go too into detail over it because it does go into some more sensitive subjects so i'll either discuss that in another random chapter like this one or include it in a future fic. To put it lightly he came from a split family, having a terrible relationship with his mother's side of the family and cutting them out of his life. Only his dad's side of the family was invited to his wedding, most of which are from America and Mexico.

i'll be dropping more info about Eduardo's history in other stories :)

~~~

also... I uh... do have an idea for a part 3 but it would more than likely be nsfw lmao. i'm still not that comfortable writing that stuff let alone posting it so chances are it may not see the light of day... ig if enough people are interested i'd consider writing it? as for right now you can just... leave that to ur imagination for the time being :^) iykyk

~~

I decided to end the fic with the first dance because the chapter was getting long af and i just.... had no idea how i'd go about writing the rest of the reception BUT!!!! here's a lil list of things i can imagine happening during the rest of the reception!! along with some other small things

- During the toast Mark tells the party embarrassing stories about the newlyweds, including how he found out the two were dating via walking in on them making out. Eduardo is not amused by this.

-While he may not show it Mark is SO emotional during this wedding because two of his closest friends just got married and he's SO HAPPY!!! He's the person who helped them get together in the first place so he just feels like a proud father looking at the two.

- Matt also cries a lot during the whole wedding. Weddings in general make him cry.

- Tom drinks too much and goes HAM on the dance floor (a la Randumb). While Edd and Matt are sober they still join in because why the hell not. Despite not wanting to be there at first the three end up having the absolute times of their lives and find themselves becoming more friendly to their neighbors :)

-Adding to the above statement Mark also spends a lot of time with them (i headcanon him and Matt as really good friends. He's the person getting Jon and Eduardo to actually talk to their neighbors during the party

- Jon and Eduardo.... These idiots 100% shoved that wedding cake into each others faces instead of eating it like normal people. It was cute as hell tho. Jon's the one who started it.

-Wedding playlist is weird as hell, mainly because Jon and Eduardo have very different tastes in music. It all oddly blends in together though.

-Most of the free time at the reception is Jon trying to teach Eduardo how to dance. They look like dorks but that's ok. Eduardo only starts to get better at dancing the more drinks he's had that night. This is one of the only times he'll allow people to see him making a fool of himself.

-It's approximately 10 minutes into the party section of the reception when Eduardo takes off his suit coat and vest, Jon follows quickly after so the two can loosen up a bit. Also Eduardo just HATES dressing nice lol

-I wasn't really sure how to fit her in the story without but sounding awkward but!!! Laurel is at the wedding too as one of Eduardo's groomsmates! Yes her and Eduardo were together and broke up but that was a long time ago and the two remained really good friends.

-In addition to the above statement I used the term groomsmates instead of groomsmen because it consisted of everyone and not just men.

-The song I chose for their first dance was Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love", I know there's a ton of covers of this song so like... tbh you can just imagine it's any cover it doesn't really matter lol. I know this song seems like it's really cliche to use as a first dance song but it's the song that always makes me think of a first dance. It was the first dance song for my parents wedding so it has a pretty special meaning to me personally.

- Eduardo also gets very drunk by the very end of the night, He turns into an emotional lovey mess and won't stop giving Jon hugs and kisses (Jon is 100% on board with this he loves it). Jon's a little drunk too but hell, everyone else there is too.

- I ultimately decided to go with them combining their last names rather than taking one of theirs because I just felt like it made the most sense? Neither of them really wanted to give up their names so they stuck them together to get Ridley-Gomez! Jon's name got to go first tho since he proposed lol.