2. What do you mean I'm clingy?

One thing Delta had learned that day: Never pair up Suoh and Gwyn in a tag-team battle. He and Nika lost. Barely.

While the former wasn't an official member of the host club, he was a capable blader, as shown when his dual-spinning balance-type bey, Blithe Salamander bursted Nika's bey in an instant, the three parts scattering by the girl's feet. All it took was for Salamander and Gwyn's defense-type bey, Cosmic Genesis, working together to wipe Devolos with a ring-out finish, giving them the win.

They both expressed their frustrations, but Hikaru came to their side and led them away from the crowd.

"Since we all lost, how about we spend the time talking about random stuff?" Hikaru suggested, to which the two made noises of agreement. "Okay, now tell me, what exactly is the deal with Fundy's parentage?" he yelled. Delta snickered, while Nika burst out laughing.

There were only a few students left on campus by the time they finished the battles. The sky was now a warm golden yellow color, the sun setting by the horizon.

"Thanks for this Honcho, Tango," Toko told the coaches of the two teams. "This means a lot."

He already thanked Ranjiro a while ago, right before the Wild Bey Gang left after their battles for some "unfinished business," whatever it was.

"Anything for a fellow like you," Dante's uncle, Tango, the coach for the Victories, assured the young captain. The Comets' coach Rantaro Kiyama, also known as Honcho, ruffled Toko's turquoise locks making him yelp in protest. "What Tango said. Take care, alright? Valt's probably waiting for you."

The turquoise-haired boy then yelled. "I-I was supposed to come back after school to help him in the bakery while Mom's away! Nika, let's go!" He quickly ran, leaving his sister in the dust. Not that she minded.

"I'll catch up!" Nika called out to her twin brother before continuing her lighthearted conversation with Hikaru.

Delta felt a large hand land on his shoulder and definitely did not flinch.

"C'mon, let's go home," Tango told them, quickly removing his hand from Delta's shoulder, which made him sigh in relief.

He felt his heart cave in. Home, huh?

"Alright, we'll be off too," Honcho said. "Let's go!"

"A-Actually, Honcho, I'll be going with Nika today," Hikaru informed, apologetic. "I hope you don't mind."

The older Kiyama chuckled. "Nope. Not at all."

"Well I do!" Hyuga frowned, making Hikaru splutter.

"Delta! You coming?" Nika waved at him, making him tense. His confused co-members stared at him, questioning, but his mouth clamped shut.

"Why? Where are you guys going?" Dante asked the question in everyone's minds.

"Nika invited us over," Hikaru responded. "I hope you don't mind us borrowing Delta for a while." He sneaked a glance at Delta, sympathy in his eyes.

"Huh?" The Victories and the Comets both chorused, looking at Delta who shrugged. Dante responded a bit later. "Ehh? You didn't invite me?"

"And me?" The younger Hizashi chimed, visibly sour. Nika sweatdropped. "Sorry, you two. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah, besides it's only for one day," Hikaru assured.

There was silence, then Dante sighed. "Alright!" He said, grinning. "Make sure he stays in one piece, okay?"

"Huh?" The Victories chorused again, looking dumbfounded at Dante.

"You can count on it!" Nika replied. Hikaru beside her sweatdropped. "Pretty sure he's capable of taking care of himself, but alright."