3. Sleepover, pog?

"So, they're here to watch a movie?" Valt furrowed his eyebrows. Aiger hummed. "Must be a good one. Can we join?"

Nika looked at the Achilles blader skeptically. "No."

"What the fuck?"

"Language!" The Aoi siblings chorused, including Toko who was now sitting by the table, munching on a Beybread.

Delta and Hikaru, who had just finished their meal and were just sitting by the table with Toko, shared a knowing smile. They didn't say anything, but Nika swore to herself if they were thinking about being BadBoyHalo kinnies or something she'd punt them, even if they were friends.

"You two go ahead, I might as well help Valt clean up," she told them.

Hikaru stood up, "We can help. It's the best we could do for you inviting us over."

"It's alright. You guys are guests." Valt waved them off. "Oh, and Nika, you can join them. Me and Toko can handle this."

Hikaru watched as Delta pursed his lips. The green-haired boy wanted to make a comment but didn't say anything.

Nika let out a noise of confusion at her brother's words. "You sure? You're not pulling my leg right now?"

Valt chuckled. "Of course."

There was a pause, then Nika beamed. "You asked for it."

She gestured the two boys upstairs into the room that she once shared with Toko, but was now hers after he moved into the guest room. Once they entered, the pink-haired girl set her school bag on her bed and pulled out a silver-plated tablet with a Beyblade symbol, the very same tablet she always used when recording data about Beyblades.

Nika let out a hum of satisfaction and looked up, to the two boys who were now crowded by her study table, their backs turned. "What are you guys doing?"

Her harsh tone made them jump as they turned towards her, raising their hands. One of Delta's was holding a couple of notebook papers that were scribbled and sketched over with bey-shaped designs.

"W-We're really sorry, it was just-"

"Did you make these?" Delta saved the lime-eyed boy from embarrassment, gesturing to the bunch of papers in his hand.

Nika let out a breath, relieved. "Yeah, I did." She might not be as dedicated as the others as a blader, but when the lightning beys came out a few months ago, she couldn't help herself.

She let out a laugh, plucking the papers from Delta's hand. "For a moment, I thought you were reading my diary or something."

"They're really good." Hikaru recovered, giving her a smile. "It's a lightning bey, isn't it?"

Nika nodded. "I had a feeling I was doing it wrong. The only data I know about them was from the beys used in the Legend Festival."

"Valt can help you," Delta supplied. "Gwyn and Dante evolved Valtryek into the first lightning bey. He could've led you to them."

Hikaru gasped. "They did?"

Nika pursed her lips. "Yeah, but I wanna do this on my own. Without their help."

The raw emotion in her voice made them stop.

Nika's words were just like his brother's, who had refused Hikaru's help when he was about to face Valt in the semi-finals. While Hyuga eventually accepted it, it felt like the redhead did it out of pity. On Delta's side, Nika reminded him of himself, perceiving the act of accepting help from others a sign of weakness.

The Devolos blader had pushed everyone away from him. He was used to people leaving his side, after all. While some were persistent, they eventually left him alone.