4. We're not in Japan anymore

Valt, throughout his five years of entering the world league, has encountered a lot of bizzare things that would probably make other people question their sanity (*cough* Snake Pit *cough* Phi *cough* Inferno).

So it wasn't really much of a surprise when he saw two certain sixteen-year olds who had planted the side of their heads on Nika's door, frowning in concentration. Although, he was curious as to why the two were lurking near his sister's door.

The eighteen-year old walked his way towards them, waving a hand in greeting before he realized they wouldn't be able to notice that. "Uhh... what are you guys-"

Aiger and Ranjiro shushed him, but that didn't save them from falling forwards as the door opened in one swift motion, revealing Nika, who crossed her arms.

She stared down at them, unimpressed. "Really? Right when we were getting to the good part?"

"Good part of what-wait, Bamboo Shoot? Delta?"

A tic mark appeared on the former's temple. "Bamboo Shoot?"

He stood up from the bed, pointing a finger at the tall blonde across the room. "Says the guy who has a literal broom for his hair!"

"Say what now?" He growled back, leaning closer to Hikaru in an attempt of intimidation.

Aiger snickered. No matter how many times it was brought up, Ranjiro's reactions to people dissing his hair still made him crack up. His bestfriend wasn't happy with that though, as he dismissed Hikaru only to grab a pillow from Nika's bed and hurl it towards Aiger's face, the maroon-haired boy tumbling backwards.

"Oh wow, now you're ignoring me," Hikaru stated. Something poked his shoulder and he met Delta's eyes, humming in question.

"Damn it, guys! If you're gonna keep being rowdy like that, you might as well leave!" Nika shrieked, retrieving the pillow and making her way towards Cap'n who held out his hands. "Woah, woah, woah, hey now-"

Valt's eyes widened. While he could dismiss it as friendly banter, this was the most irritated he'd ever seen Nika. "Nika, calm down-"

"Cap'n, Nika! Get away!" Delta suddenly yelled, grabbing the arm of the person closest to him, who was Hikaru, dragging him away from Nika's laptop. Said girl had stopped her attempted assault on Cap'n and turned towards what Delta was panicking about.

Her pillow dropped from her hands. Valt gasped.

On the bed, Nika's laptop was glowing in an array of colors, shifting into pixels that seemed to spread out as seconds ticked. It's nothing like Valt had ever seen. There's also a mysterious sound coming from it, one that Valt has only ever heard from the jet planes he'd rode on or seen taking off.

Then it changed. The device rattled, the glitches going berserk. A popping sound. Then another. And another one.

Aiger cursed under his breath, knowing what was about to happen. "Everyone, take cover!"

They all turned their backs, screaming. The room exploded in a white flash.

~*~*~*~

A slash. There's the sound of bleating sheep. Fire crackled. It bleated one last time, disappearing in a puff of smoke, a block of wool and two pieces of mutton right where it disappeared.

Dream picked them up, the items gone from his hand in an instant. He's not worried. A holographic screen appeared in front of him, showing the wool and the meat in different slots of his inventory.

Replacing an empty slot from his hotbar with a diamond pickaxe, a torch in his left hand, the masked blonde made his way into the tunnel below him, making sure to not fall too hard and affect his health bar. He swung his torch around. Its warm light exposed a vein of coal. Perfect.