Ever After

One night, one day, and eight hours later, at Pennsylvania Station, Keith, Kate, Berga, and Kalia were waiting for Luck and Charlie to return. The train they were expecting pulled in, and the passengers began disembarking.

"There they are!" Kalia said, pointing to the couple as they got off the train. "Hey, over here!"

Luck and Charlie heard her voice call out to them and immediately recognized it. They looked in the others' direction and saw them waiting for them. Luck and Charlie started making their way over to them. They still had the basket of goodies Alfredo and Sofia had given them, and the small box of pralines had been set in it among the other items, since putting it in a suitcase would've squashed it.

"Looks like you got some good souvenirs, although you can get that stuff here," Kalia said upon seeing the basket. They were all things that could easily be found in Little Italy.

"Not these," Charlie said, pointing to the box of pralines. "We got them to share with you."

They grabbed a table in the waiting area, and Luck and Charlie showed them what was in the box.

"What are those?" Berga asked.

"Pralines. To start with, you might want just a small piece. They can be a bit much if you aren't used to them."

Charlie said this as she removed one of the pralines and broke it into six pieces so everyone could have a small taste first.

"Oh, it's so sweet."

"It's really rich."

"What was that, pure sugar?"

"The nutty flavor is nice."

"......"

Keith and Kate took a whole praline and split it, while Berga and Kalia each grabbed their own. Luck split one with Charlie.

"I can taste the nuts now."

"It's good, right?"

"These things are addictive."

"You should've bought more."

It was a good thing they only bought a handful of them, because they were finished off in no time, and Kalia and Berga would've kept going until they were sick.

"Oh, I feel like I need to do something after all that sugar," Kalia said, full of energy.

"Well, the laundry needs doing."

Kalia ignored Berga's comment.

"I know, let's all go for a walk."

"But Luck and Charlie have luggage to lug around."

"Then you carry it for them."

"Uh, Luck and I would like to go home and unpack. So why don't you two take a walk together and have a date?"

"I like the way you think. Come on, Berga. You're taking me on a date."

Kalia stood up and started walking away without bothering to wait for her husband.

"If you say so."

Berga stood up and followed her.

"See you around."

"That was a nice save," Luck said.

"I think it's been a while since they did something like that together," Kate said.

"That's good then, that they're getting to spend time together."

"......"

—∞—