Found Him...Oh Great...

Sitting at the half empty lunch table with my friend Ariel was awkwardly quiet. I was sketching in a notebook and she was ripping the little wheat roll on her plate apart.

I put the finishing touches on my drawing of a abnormally large cherry blossom tree and shoved the book towards Ariel. As she gazed at it, I took a sip of my chocolate milk. 'Who gives milk with pizza!' I thought.

"It's beautiful Blair!" I smiled as she finally broke the stare with my book.

"Thanks!" I took my book back and flipped through the papers. A rabbit, a log cabin, the sun peeking through tall forest trees, and a couple more animals.

That's when a backpack was slammed on the table. "Hey Ariel." I knew whoever it was, was just here for her. I didn't even bother looking up.

The giggled and waved. "I gotta finish my homework, can you help?" He asked.

I saw her nod from the corner of my eye. As she reached across the table, grabbed the paper, and read it, her eyes slowly widened more then I knew was possible. "Um, this does not make any sense to me. Blair? Can you help please?" She looked really confused too.

I took the paper and read it out loud. "In the triangle ABC sides AB and CB have equal lengths and the measure of angle ABC is equal to 36 degrees. What is the measure of angle BOC where O is the center of the circle? " I thought for a moment.

"Measure of angle BAC is (180 - 36)/2 equals 72 degrees ...an isosceles triangle.

Measure of angle BOC is 2 * measure of angle BAC equals 144 degrees : inscribed angle and central angle intercepting the same arc."

I said that all without looking up once. But then, I did...I looked up...bad idea. My eyes met with his. His eyes were dilated, and he had a scared, shocked, angry, yet happy expression on his face too.

Kevin Jones. The quarterback on the football team, boxing champion, black belt in martial arts, and last but not least...the beta of my pack. I had found what I wasn't looking for. My Mate.

"You understand the answer?" I broke the silence.

He starred into my eyes. Awkwardly, I stood up, grabbed my books, and left the cafeteria. I left him starting at an empty space as I ran into the bathroom. Allowing the warm, salty, tears, glide down my pale cheeks, I crouched down in the corner next to the sink, sobbing.

Ariel walked in. She immediately ran to hug me. "Why are you cryin' girl? You found your mate!"

"I'm just overwhelmed, that's all! First of all, he's the popular, football star of an beta. I'm the loser,geeky, omega! Second of all, it's kind of disturbing how he went to the table to flirt with you and got me instead. And lastly, I'm still part human! I don't exactly feel the destined to be together thing because I'm part human!"

"Honey boo boo child, the only reason you weren't feeling the love was because you were denying it! Give him a change! And girly, I can help with the geeky thing."

As I stopped crying, she signaled me to stay. She dashed out of the bathroom and came back within ten seconds. She had a white, black, and pink, lower cut graphic tee and a black leather jacket. "Your already wearing the black skinny jeans, so your all good." She handed the clothes to me and I took them with a smile.

When I finished changing, Ariel pulled out a pouch of makeup. She forced me to close my eyes as she applied eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, and lipgloss. I barely recognized myself when I looked in the mirror.

She clapped cheerfully then took my hand and dragged me out of the bathroom. I caught most people's attention in the cafeteria. Including Kevin's.

As I walked over to the table, Kevin stood up. I opened my mouth to speak but Kevin beat me to it. "I Kevin Jones, beta of Mystic Moon Pack, reject the Blair Oaks, omega of the Mystic Moon Pack, as my mate." He starred at me waiting for my reaction. 'Oh, Great!' I sarcastically thought to myself.

I realized all eyes were on me. I looked towards Ariel. Even she was in shock. Then I did something very, very, stupid. "I, Blair Oaks except your, Kevin Jones' rejection."

Yup, I shocked the heck out of both of us...actually, the whole grade. I really shouldn't of said that. I had no idea what I was in for.