Fly

The clock struck 13. It's rhythmic tic-toc rang out across the vast field. Crowds of spectators began to gather hoping to catch a glimpse of the pair currently whizzing around the complicated course. Mummers of admiration could be heard from all around the ring as the tension grew each time the clocks tic-toc rang out. The current leader had an incredible time of 37 seconds with no faults; a time that would be very hard to beat. The pair on course we're the last to go and the only ones who could take the lead.

-------------------------------------------

The collie cast a quick glance at his handler to make sure the route he was taking was the correct one. His focus locked onto the line of upright poles in front of him. It was a tricky entry but, thankfully, one he knew how to handle. He began skilfully weaving in and out of the 12 poles and very soon was out the other side and racing on toward the next obstacle.

His body lept as he saw where his handler was directing him; the see-saw. The dog enthusiastically ran up the brightly coloured plank set in front of him, pausing only to let the metal bar tip in the middle and begin its decent back down to the grass of the show ground. After touching the yellow mark on the end of the plank,he was, once again, racing forwards.

He knew he was nearing the end of the run when the excited onlookers began to scream in anticipation. Making sure not to ruin a perfect run, He remained focused on the task ahead and launched himself into the air one final time...