Red car Blue car

Dedicated to Charlotte4561. Thanks for the vote and comment on the first chapter!
--------------------------------------------
"Red car!" Thud

"Ouch Storm... You didn't need to headbutt me that hard!" Mist claimed in agony "I've never hit you that har... BLUE CAR!"

Once again, thud!

"Hey! Would you two kindly care to knock it off? I need you in top condition ready for the show so if you wouldn't mind not knocking each other's brains out. Mist, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop provoking Storm. And Storm, Stop reacting to Mist. Just ignore her! We're nearly there so find something to occupy yourselves until then". My girl turned back around to face the front of the car, nodding her head in disbelief as she turned.

Beside me, Mist curled up in a ball and fell asleep. I picked up my toy snake and began to chew on its tail.

Twenty minutes later and my snake had been completely destroyed; my best work yet. I let out a dissatisfied sigh and turned my attention to the road just outside and the vast landscape that lay beyond the window.

From the corner of my eye, a flash of red caught my attention. It was the rosette my girl and I had won that day. It wasn't the biggest rosette we had ever won, but it definitely held the most sentimental value. Not only had it marked out progress into Grade 7 agility, but also out qualification into the worlds biggest and best dog show;Crufts! I gently laid my head on my paws and remembered that magical day...

................................................................................................................................

There is no better feeling than flying, carefree, through the air, wind flowing through your fur, the glowing sun warming your back and face. I knew as soon as I had left the ground that we had won; the tears streaming down my girl's face told me that. We were heading to Crufts and I couldn't wait! This is all we had talked about, dreamed about for the last year and now finally, after much agony, we had achieved our dream.

As soon as we had left the ring, swarms of people gathered around us and gave us their congratulations. We were an unusual pair my girl and I, she is only 16, and me, I came from rescue. It was vary rare to see a partnership like ours accomplish so much in only one short year. It hadn't always been easy though.

As we stood in the mingling crowd of people anxiously waiting to hear if they had placed in their classes, more people congratulated us. I stood looking up at my girl with a glimmer of unwavering loyalty in my eyes. Without her I would probably still be at the dogs home, nobody had even taken an interest in me the whole time I had been there. Without her I would never have found my calling in life either.

Standing proudly on the podium, overlooking the whole show ground, seemed surreal. The occasion was made even better when my girl was handed a pristine red and white two tier rosette and gold trophy with a marble base. I sighed, contented with my new life, forever grateful for the opportunity of a new beginning I had been given a year earlier.

................................................................................................................................

Recalling the memory, I began to involuntarily wagg my tail. My action not going unnoticed by my girl. She turned to face me and saw the direction of my gaze, smiling as she too saw the red rosette pinned to my travel crate. We stared lovingly into each other's eyes, lost in the memory of the day we found each other, and both our lives changed forever.

"I love you boy" she whispered, her voice chocked up with emotion. I whimpered my own special response which she seemed to understand. We gazed at each other for a few moments more before her eyes lit up and her body language showed me that she had become very excited.

"We're here boy! We've arrived! Let's go show everyone what we're made of".