Life of a Malfoy ch. 4

Still Harry

-------------------

"What is that doing here, Harry?!" Hermione yelled.

"She just happened to help me from Draco Malfoy," I said.

"She doesn't belong in here, she's a Slytherin!" 

"She didn't want to go back to her common room-"

"I don't care." 

"Hermione, just listen-"

"Harry, come on. I mean seriously, you can't really.." Hermione's voice falled to a whisper.

"Look, Hermione, stop holding things against-" I started.

"Harry! She's been tormenting us for years how can you just seem to forgive her so easily!? She's part of the reason I hate coming back to Hogwarts, because I know i'm going to get picked on my her and the stupid pureblood Slytherins!" Hermione shouted, not even caring if Dria heard her. She had tears in her eyes, and she continued. "I can't believe you would even talk to her!!"

"Hermione, calm down.." I said. I didn't want everyone else waking up to find a Slytherin lying on the couch.

The next thing that happened, I didn't expect.

Dria got up from the couch and walked up to me. Her cheeks were flushed, probably from embarassment. 

"Thanks for everything.." Her voice was low and hollow. She nodded to Ron and Hermione, then quickly dashed out of the common room with her hands wrapped around her sides.

"Hey, wait!" I called after her. I ran out, but she was nowhere to be seen..

I walked back into the common room  to Hermione and Ron.

"You didn't even bother to ask why I brought her here. She had a nightmare of what happened in the graveyard in the Tri-Wizard cup."

"I don't believe that." Hermione snapped.

"Fine. Next time you see her, get her memory and that'll prove to you that you're no better judging her than what she's done."

And with that, I walked past them and into my dormitory, crawling into my four poster bed. 

Dria's P.O.V.

------------------------

I was so stupid. I had caused these people a lifetime of torture and pain, why shouldn't they be angry at me? Hermione was only begining to touch on the subject. I had never befriended them. I have never even said something nice to them! They had every right to be angry at me.. Except for the time me and Harry first met....

~ Five years ago ~

We were in the robe shop - Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions - it was called, buying robes. Just me and Draco.

Then, the door opened up and a small boy who looked about our age came in. He was very thin, and had black messy hair.

Madam Malkin poked me with a pin. I yelped and gave a silent threat to cut off her hand. She was then done with mine, and went onto Draco's.

"Hello!" I said, with a smile to the boy.

"Hi." He said.

"Are you a first year too?" I asked.

"Yes."

"What house do you want to be in? Me and my brother are going to be in Slytherin." I said.

"Oh, I don't know.." He said.

"I'd hate to be in Hufflepuff. I would just leave." Draco said.

"Hah!" I said.

"We're twins, I'm Draco and she's Dria. We're Malfoys. What's your surname?" Draco asked the boy. Madam Malkin stepped away from him.

"You're both good." She said. We handed her our money, then we started to walk out the door.

"See you at Hogwarts!" I said, and while smiling, waved to the boy.

~~

I smiled; I could never forget that. I had tried to be something I wasn't for years and years. I had taken my anger out on people I didn't even know, didn't even care to know!

I felt ashamed. Ashamed of what I had done.

With all the regret I had, I couldn't take the pain away from these people. It had to stab me like a knife for the rest of my life.