Life of a Malfoy ch. 17

I swear on Merlin's Pants, their expressions were priceless! If I could capture this in my head forever, I would.. I think Hermione called that a camera? I dunno.. Well, Harry was grinning like a socially awkward idiot, Hermione's chin was dropped halfway to the ground, and Ron was sitting there looking bored. 

"Mum!" Ron yelled as soon as I set my bags on the ground. "Lexa's here!" Someone, who I guessed to be Mrs. Weasley, shouted something back that I didn't understand. The next second, I probably jumped so high my head hit the ceiling. Two redheaded boys, same height, same face, appeared next to me, out of nowhere.

"I'm Fred," The one on the right said.

"I'm George," The one on the left said.

"I'm the smarter one, though," The one on the right said.

"He is not, mind you," The one on the left said. 

"Nice to meet you!" They both said at the exact same time. My head started spinning, and I looked at both of them with wide eyes like they were freaks.  

"Umm, I don't really know how to answer that..." I mumbled.

"That's not very polite," Righty said. 

"You must be Lexa!" Lefty said.

"Harry told us all about you.." Righty said.

"Yeah, he never stopped talking about you at dinner!" Lefty said. My cheeks began heating up.

"So are you Lexa?" Righty said.

"Are you?" Lefty said.  

"Are you?" They both said, together. 

"Oh my god," I said, turning to Ron. "Make it stop!"

"Fred, George, prove you're of use and bring Lexa's stuff up to Ginny's room," Ron grumbled, as if he was annoyed with the pair of them. They stuck their tongues out at him like children, grabbed my stuff, and disapparated with a crack. 

"Holy Godric Gryffindor," I hissed at nothing whatsoever. I hiked up my dress - that was filled with ashes and terribly ruined - and sat by Harry on the couch. 

"So.." Harry said, clearing up his throat. "How was the dinner?"  

"Awful." That pretty much summed it up. Footsteps were coming into the room, which I guessed was the sitting room. 

"Hello!" said a happy, cheerful voice. I turned to see a plump woman with red curly hair smiling at me. "You must be Lexa!" Mrs. Weasley walked over to the couch, and I held my hand out for her to shake.  

"Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Weasley," I said, and smiled back at her. 

"Call me Molly. I have some soup still in the kitchen that I haven't put away yet. Remus and Tonks are still over, and they're eating with Ginny in the kitchen. You seem awfully skinny like Harry, and you three haven't eaten anything yet!" She said sternly to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I didn't know whether to take the 'skinny' thing as a compliment, or an insult. I let it slide. "Would you like anything to eat?" 

"Err, sure," I said, and got up. 

"You might want to change first, and bring the dress down to me. I'll fix it up." Mrs. Weasley had a warm, motherly smile. I could tell when she cared about something. If only she was my mother.. 

"Thank you." I smiled. Hermione stood up and brought me to Ginny's room, where my stuff was laying next to a spare bed. I quickly got out a zip up sweatshirt, a pair of jeans, and a tank top. I grabbed my old converse out of the side pocket. With Hermione's help, I got the dress off and changed back into my regular clothes. I removed most of my worn off makeup in the mirror, and I fixed my curled hair. After I was done we walked back downstairs and Harry and Ron went with us into the kitchen.