Life of a Malfoy ch. 6

Dria's P.O.V.

_______________

I was apperently on the third floor, because a sign told me so. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I didn't care about my lessons, they could go screw themselves. I stopped running after a staircase I was going to take down moved, and there was no where to run but behind me.

"Where have you been, exactly? Draco said you ran off with Potter." None other than Pansy Parkinson said from behind me. I turned around. "And then you weren't sitting by us at breakfast, I thought you might've gone crazy. I saw you run away from Weasley and that stupid Mudblood-"

"Don't call her that," I said, my voice dark and low.

"Since when are you standing up for Mudbloods, Dria? What's gotten in to you?"

"Since Draco thought it would be okay to hurt innocent people, and since you've decided to turn into a bitch." 

"Oh, you've done it now." She ripped out her wand.

"What are you gonna do, huh? Like you'd hurt me in a million years," I said.

"Don't even-!"

"Don't even what, Pansy!? You couldn't hurt me if you tried!" I yelled. Flames sprouted from her wand. 

I stepped a little bit back but then stopped, realizing that I couldn't back up unless I wanted to free-fall. I peered over my shoulder and saw that the nearest staircase was about ten feet away, and a couple feet lower than I was. The staircase I had just been on had moved. Wait for the right moment to jump.. Wait.. I thought. I saw Pansy raise her wand, and I stupidly jumped.

I hit the staircase in front of me in about two seconds, with only my skinny bones to break the fall. I slammed into the rock hard staircase, still in motion. I was slipping down the steps, but I grabbed onto the railing on the sides of the stairs.

I was now dangling off a moving staircase fifty feet in the air. Pansy looked furious and my heart was beating twenty times faster than usual. I swung my feet up and stood on the stairs. It came to a halt on one of the platforms on the second floor. I ran to another staircase ten feet away and went back up higher because it would throw Pansy off my track. She had saw me earlier when I jumped down, so I figured she would go down to look for me.

I was hardly thinking of anything when I started running up the moving stairs. I jumped on a platform and ran into a random corridor. I was panting from my lack of air, and my hair was falling in waves all over the front of my face. I pushed my fingers through my hair in desperation to get it out of my face. I turned around to see if Pansy had found my track, but instead there was a bunch of students who had witnessed Pansy and me fighting. They were all staring behind me and whispering, with frantic looks in their eyes. I quickly turned around to see an un-wanted friend and an unwanted spell fired at my head.

I held my breath and ducked, just missing the spell by inches. Pansy had a vicious look on her face. I fired a body bind curse at her, but she dodged it and fired another one at me.

"Protego!" I said right as the spell appeared in front of me. The shield absorbed it and it vanished.

It went on, she fired spells and I blocked them. I did the same, fired, and she blocked.

Pansy finally had a ravinous look on her face like she was going to rip my head off, or either stab my heart with a knife; whichever she could do first. Then she pulled the last straw.

"CRUCIO!!" she screamed, and fired the unforgivable curse at my body. I dove out of the way, and the curse shot past me. I looked on where the curse was going, and it flew straight into a portrait and came back out, zipping over my head and traight into her chest.