Chapter 16-Hurt

James POV:
As the crowd starts to clear I look around to see Stephanie and Chloe trying to hold in a bit of laughter. Riley's new friend Michelle I think it is with a hurt expression on her face for Riley.
Then there's my bros Eldon and West. Eldon's looking straight at me with a shocked face.
"Bro.." He mouths the words to me.
I just give a nod "I know," I mouth back,
"I know."

Riley's POV:
As the rest of the school day goes on I ignore everybody, when finally it's time to go.
I get my stuff before Emily can catch me so then I run out the door to walk home.
As I'm walking home I keep on getting texts from James but I ignore them.

I'm honestly so hurt.
So hurt that James would say all of that to me, I didn't know what to do I...I didn't know what to do at all.
When I get home I run right down stairs to my nearly empty basement and let out what I've been holding in all day. I burst out in tears. The crying never stooped and I kept going forever, when finally I get up and put on a song and start to dance to it. The lyrics of the song reflect to how I'm feeling.

But I'm only human, and I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human, and I crash and I break down. Your words in my head knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart cause I'm only human.

My body moves along to the music and the lyrics all make sense.
I'm lost...is this really why my dad doesn't like me. Is, is this really why I don't have any friends...
Is this really why my life is like this.

As the dance continues on I'm still crying as the lyrics come to an end.
That's when I just put my back against the wall and slide down it.
It's like I have nothing left...

I just keep on crying and crying for like what feels hours and the lyrics keep replaying in my mind.
"I'm only human." I say quietly to myself and remain on the floor still crying.

I'm only human...