Chapter 29-Under estmate

Riley's POV:
After the school day I just needed somewhere to let it all out.
I think that The Next Step is really the best place right now.

There's no practice today, I would just really like to get used to it.

As I walked in the studio, I thought to myself.
This is my new home.

As my feet touched the cold floor, this was where it all started. I wandered into Studio A and it felt a little odd, I guess. I switched the lights on and turned on the music.

The music reflects to how I'm feeling, very we'll actually. It's just a way to really let it all out.
I feel like I'm Falling Behind.

I start standing up and looking down at the cold floor of my new home.
This, this right here is where my life at The Next Step will start.
I slowly lift up my head to the music and just,
Dance.

I've got tears behind my eyes,
I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind.

Those words just keep repeating and repeating in the song.
But also my head.

We don't have far to go.

It all seems so real.

Right now is when I need you the most.

Then the words just come back again.

I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind.

It really hurts.

We're running from the sky, and I've got tears behind my eyes.

James POV:
I walk in to the Studio just to dance but I hear music coming from Studio A. I walk in slowly to see this amazing,beautiful dancer,
And person.
And of course it's Riley.

It looks like she's putting all of her emotions into her solo, and it's
amazing.

I've never seen her or anybody dance like this. I guess I didn't know that she could dance this we'll. She's one of the best dancers I've ever seen in my whole entire life.
I just watch her dance but that's when I notice the lyrics playing.

Also, that's when I notice the tears in her eyes and the pain in her face.

I'm falling be, behind. I'm falling, falling behind. I'm fa,I'm falling behind.
I'm falling be,behind. I'm falling,falling behind. I'm fa,I'm falling behind.
I'm falling behind.

It's those words that keep repeating,
and every time they do.
Riley fights back more tears.

I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind. I'm falling behind.

I'm falling behind.

I feel for Riley. I just wanna make her happy and put that gorgeous smile on her face.

Riley's POV:
When the dance is done I finish in a pose on the floor. At this point in time,
I'm fighting a huge pack of tears. They just are building up inside of me.

That's when I hear clapping. I lift my head up to see James coming towards me.
"That was unreal Riley." James says.
"Thanks James." I say back.
"Look, are you alright?" He asks sitting down next to me.
"Yeah I'm..." I hesitate. "I'm fine."
"Riley." He looks over at me.
I shake my head. "No."

I'm honestly so sick and tired of this.
Of all of it.
I'm just...I'm...
I'm done!

"Come here Riley."
I give James a big hug and he hugs me back. It makes me feel a bit better but,
not that all the pain goes away,
It never really has.

James POV:
As I'm giving Riley a hug the words slip out again.
"I'm here for you Riles." Riley doesn't like anybody calling her 'Riles' because that's what her mother used to call her.
"Riley sorry, I'm so sorry Riley. I didn't-" She cuts me off.
"No." She starts. "I like it when you call me that." She says quietly as my strong arms are still wrapped around her.

Riley likes me calling her that. It's the best feeling I've felt in a whole now.
I just smile and I can't stop.
"Actually." She starts. "I love it."
That puts a even bigger smile across my face.
"Alright Riles." I say pushing a piece of her hair out of her face. "Don't worry I'm here for you."

I think I'm starting to like Riley that much more now.

Riley's POV:
I love it when James calls me Riles. It's just an amazing feeling, I just can't even explain it.
I may be Falling Behind but when I'm with James, I'm not. He makes me feel that much better.

He's always there for me when I need him. That one guy. That guys name is,
James.