Introduction

Arlo grew up in a small town in Tennessee before moving up to New York to study as many subjects as she could; physics, astronomy, you name it. Being an avid fan of the paranormal ever since she was a small child, she thought it would be fun to see if there were any books on it in the New York City Public Library. 

     "Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?" a man asked. "What has that got to do with it?" another man questioned. "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." Arlo looked over her shoulder to see a group of men taking to an older woman laying on a table. Beside Arlo however, was a young man with glasses scanning bookcases with some device.

     "Are you looking for ghosts?" she asked him. "As a matter of fact, I am." he answered simply. "And that's some sort of EMF reader I presume." she leaned on a desk with a smile. "Can you be quiet, I'm a bit busy over here."

     "Well, if you say so." she sighed. The man rolled his eyes and continued to scan the bookcases. He eventually turned around to face Arlo. "It's actually called a P.K.E meter." he explained. "Is that so?" Arlo raised an eyebrow. He nodded. "Would you happen to be interested in the paranormal?" he asked. Arlo nodded. "Yep." she said, popping the 'p'.

     He leaned in, "You want to join?" he asked her in a whisper. "Why are we whispering?" she questioned. He stood up straight. "I don't know."

     "Join what, exactly?" she asked. "Well, me and my uh, associates are looking for evidence of ghosts and this library seems to be a hot spot." he answered. "Hm, well I guess it wouldn't hurt." she paused, "You aren't with those guys over there, right?" Arlo pointed to the guys over by the lady laying on the table. The man scrunched his face up and nodded. "Great." Arlo sighed. "I'm Egon Spengler." he held out his hand for her to shake. "Nice to meet you Egon. I'm Arlo Everly." she shook his hand.

     He looked down at his device and ran back to the group of men, "Ray, it's moving. Come on. Oh, and this is Arlo." he announced. Arlo waved. "Nice to meet you Arlo, I'm Peter." the man with the receding hairline shook her hand. "I'm Ray." the other one waved. "Nice to meet you all."

     And just like that, Arlo joined the Ghostbusters.

a/n:
hi gang :) this is a character i've never really explored 'till recently, so i thought it would be a  fun little project to start! i wanted to make the intro so arlo had a little bit of background before i actually publish the first two chapters, but i hope you like it! happy reading :)

-rory