Chapter one

"Egon, I'm going to kick your ass!" Arlo shouted as she stomped her way to his office. She kicked the door open, holding a tampered invention in her right hand. "Arlo, come on. Your inventions just aren't good enough." Egon reasoned, keeping a calm voice. "Good enough? Hah! My inventions are fantastic!" Arlo scoffed, setting her invention on the desk. Egon rolled his sleeves up, laying his arms on the desk afterwards.

"If you don't like how I change your inventions, make them good the first time."

His words felt like cold wind hitting her face. She stood there for a second, processing the sentence. "I hope you burn your tongue on your food." she glared at him before turning around and walking out; not failing to slam his office door behind her.

Egon melted in his chair while Arlo stomped down the stairs and to the lobby where Janine sat. "You know, you two fight like a married couple." she said while filing her nails. "I'd be surprised if anyone married him."

Arlo sat down beside Janine. "What did he say to you this time?" she asked. "Anything he says doesn't matter. It's fine." Arlo shrugged. "Aw, Arlo you poor baby. Don't worry, Egon'll be locked up in his office for a while." the pair looked up to Egon's office.

"Hey girls. I'm heading out, any of you want to get something to eat?" Peter asked. "Oh, I'd come, but we don't have anyone to cover the front." Janine frowned. Arlo looked up. "I don't mind." she said. Janine's eyes lit up, "Oh, Arlo I could kiss you!" she exclaimed with a giggle. "Thank you so much." she gave Arlo a hug before grabbing her belongings and leaving with Peter.

Egon had peaked out his office to Arlo below. Arlo however, was oblivious to the fact and began to mock him. "'Oh look at me! I'm Egon Spengler! I make dopey inventions and I have a big ego!'" She sighed, leaning back in her chair, which made her see Egon leaning over the railing with a smirk on his face. She immediately got up and yelled at him from below, "Oh, you jerk!"

"Can you lovebirds keep it down? I'm trying to do the paperwork you have been avoiding." Ray shouted from his office. Egon retreated to his office with a chuckle and Arlo was left in the lobby.

     In Egons office, he sat in his chair looking at Arlo's invention in his hands. He took his glasses off and sighed.

After a while, Arlo fell asleep. Laying her head on the front desk was a big mistake. Egon came down the stairs to see the sight up close. He grinned at the opportunity.

———

"Arlo? What the hell do you have on your face?" The sound of Janine's voice woke her up. She jolted, rubbing her face. "Why? What's on it? Give me a mirror." Janine smirked at she handed her a mirror out of her purse. Arlo's eyes widened as she saw sharpie marker all over her face. "Weirdest snorer? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she yelled.

Peter walked through the garage doors of the firehouse and saw Arlo fuming. "Welp. Better not engage in that." he walked right up the stairs.

Egon came down the stairs, "Morning Janine. Oh, and morning ms. snorer." he smiled. Arlo clenched her fists as he walked past. "He's lucky I haven't had my cup of tea yet."

All day there were calls coming in, leaving Janine and Arlo alone in the firehouse until the boys came back to drop off the traps and go back out again. Arlo was sitting at her desk, head deep in her work as she heard the boys came back again. "Are ya just gonna keep placing the traps down on the desk and make us go down?" Janine complained. "That's the last trap of the day. We're thinking of going out for drinks, you two want to join?" Ray asked.

"No thanks, I'm busy." Arlo immediately declined. Egon walked over to her desk, watching her as she continued to tweak her invention. "You should really cut that wire. There's no use for that." he said.

"Shut up."

"I should shut up?"

"It would benefit the environment if you didn't talk so much."

"Says you."

"What did you just say?" Arlo looked up at him, which made her burn herself. "Ow! Shit." She jumped back from the desk, holding her left hand in her right. Egon came behind the desk, taking his tie off and wrapping it around her hand. "Be more careful next time." he warned. "I am careful! You just distracted me." she said.

"Oh come on, you two just date already." Peter rolled his eyes. The two turned to him, "Me? Date him? Hah!" Arlo laughed. "Never in a million years." Egon shook his head. "Fine, whatever. Just get your stuff and let's hit the bar."

     Egon left Arlo's side, looking back at her for a brief moment before walking out to the garage with the rest of the gang. "You like her." Ray teased. "What?" Egon looked up at them. "Oh, come on it's obvious." Peter nodded. "I'm being too obvious?" Egon whispered. "You sure as hell are." Janine nudged him in the arm. "Ow!" he rubbed his arm. "Who's gettin' drunk?" Janine asked. All of the boys raised their hands. She sighed, "Great. I'm stuck with taking you home."

     As the boys and Janine made their way to the bar, Arlo snuck her way to Egon's office. "Don't worry my precious invention, I'll get you out of there." she whispered. After picking the lock with a bobby pin, she made her way into Egon's office. "He really needs to clean this place up." she sighed. After searching the room for a minute, she found her invention on the top of a bookcase he had.

     "That son of a bitch." she cussed under her breathe. She looked around the room for something to stand up on. "Curse my height." she mumbled. Being only 5'4, she couldn't reach her invention without knocking the whole bookcase over. She cracked her neck, thinking about jumping to get it. "Bad idea. The shelf would fall." she thought. She grabbed a couple of books he had and piled them on top of each other. "That looks extremely unsteady." She shrugged, beginning to climb onto the books one foot at a time.

     As she tried to balance on the books, someone came through the office door making her turn, which led to her falling off the stack of books and into Egon's arms. "What the hell are you doing here?" she questioned. "I could ask you the same thing." he replied, letting go of her. "I came for my invention." she answered. "I came for my keys." he answered as well, grabbing the keys off his desk.

     "You need help with that?" he asked, pointing to the invention at the top of the bookshelf. Arlo furrowed her eyebrows. "Maybe." she mumbled, looking away. "What was that? Sorry, couldn't hear you." Egon teased. "I said, yes. Just get the damn thing." she turned to him, annoyed. He smirked, grabbing the invention off the bookshelf and handing it to her. "Now get out."

     Just like that, the pair left his office and made there way downstairs. "Took you long enough. You weren't kissing were you?" Ray asked. Arlo pushed Egon away from her and walked back to her office. "Alright, we're off then. Keep the fort down, will you?" Peter said.

     "Mhm." Arlo replied closing her office door.