Chapter ten

The gang had gotten into their uniforms, besides Arlo and Janine. Crowds were held back on the sidewalks as people from the police and military waited for their signal. "Come on, let's run some red lights!" Peter yelled. The escort began.

    As the Ecto-1 pulled up to the Ivo-shandor building, Arlo looked up at the ominous building, "That's one helluva storm." Janine leaned closer to the window, "You know what, I just don't care anymore." she shrugged. The group got out of the car.

    "Hello, New York! Well, hi, everyone!" Peter waved. Arlo scoffed at his charisma. Peter raised Ray's hand, "Dr. Ray Stantz! Would you please? The heart of the Ghostbusters! Thank you. They love you. They love you here!" Ray gave the crowd a shy smile as the pair walked down the sidewalk shaking some of the crowd's hands.

   Peter turned to Arlo, grinning. "Oh, no, no, no." she protested, but it was too late. "Ladies and gentlemen, give a round of applause for our beloved mechanic: Arlo!" The crowd cheered, making Arlo hide her face. Egon jogged over to her after he got his proton pack on, "It's only a crowd of people, Arlo." he patted her shoulder. "Gotta run. Got a date with a ghost!" Egon kissed Arlo's hand before running to the rest of the Ghostbusters.

    "All right, whatever happens, let's be professionals." Peter said to the gang. The four looked up at the hellish sky above. "We might have to put a little overtime in on this one!" Ray yelled. Suddenly, the ground trembled.

     "Earthquake!" Arlo yelled. The crowd screamed as people fell. The Ghostbusters looked around in confusion, their look however, was replaced with fear as a huge pit opened below them. "Egon!" Arlo yelled, but the four had fallen inside. The earthquake ceased.

   Hundreds of people asked each other if anyone was hurt, but Arlo stared at the pit where the four fell in. Janine helped her up, both staring at the pit waiting for any sign of life. Ray's head suddenly popped up out of the pit. A sigh of relief came from everyone. The crowd began to chant, "Ghostbusters! Ghostbusters! Ghostbusters!"

   "We're all right, it's all right, we can take it! You gotta learn to play rough! You wanna play rough?"

"Yeah!"

"Let's go!" Winston cheered. The four grabbed hands, pushing them down, then up towards the sky. Egon glanced back at Arlo one final time before going into the building.

   Janine and Arlo waited and waited. "You think they're okay up there?" Arlo asked Janine. "They'll be fine, Arlo. Calm down." Janine sighed. "I don't think I looked over the proton packs properly. I think I sent 'em up with a faulty pack." Arlo worried. Janine patted her shoulder.

   After a bit, a piece of rock fell from the top of the building. "Oh my god." Arlo held her hands to her chest. "Arlo?" Janine called, her voice cracking. She turned around to see the sight of a humongous Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. "Holy shit." was all she could manage to say. The mascot however, was struck with four proton beams. "They're all working, oh thank goodness." Arlo sighed in relief.

   The mascot caught on fire. "It smells like roasted marshmallows." Janine commented. "Wait." Arlo said. A light show erupted at the top of the building. The Stay Puft Marshmallow man exploded, covering the surrounding area in marshmallow slime.

   After what seemed like an eternity to Arlo, marshmallow covered Ghostbusters emerged from the smoke. The crowd cheered. Arlo spotted Egon and immediately ran to him, embracing him in a warm hug. He pulled away, "Arlo, I have something to tell you." Arlo raised an eyebrow, "And what would that be?" She wiped the marshmallow off his glasses. "We crossed the streams."

"You did what?!" she yelled.

   As Arlo bickered about how they shouldn't have broken the rule, a confused Louis came out of the building waving his arms, "What's going on? Does anyone wanna interview me? I'm an eyewitness. I was up there!" A group of Red Cross employees take him to an ambulance, but he protested, "I wanna go with them, in the car."

   Arlo was still bickering with Egon. "Well, we're still here. It's okay now." Egon chuckled. As Arlo was about to argue back, Egon kissed her. Ray whistled at the two, making an embarrassed Arlo pull away and run off to the Ecto-1.

  "Did the proton packs work okay?" she asked as Winston put his pack away. "Worked as fine as they ever did." he smiled. The rest of the Ghostbusters got into Ecto-1. "You better not do anything that stupid again." Arlo began, "Without me." Peter turned on the sirens again, causing the crowd to part enough so the car could get through. As the Ecto-1 drove off, the crowd followed.

The End, for now.