Nicknames

-Sierra's pov-

There it is!

I'd found the schedule, stuck on the door of the pantry. I snatched a notepad out of my pocket, to write down times that worked. It didn't have any writing lines on it, I used to use it to sketch random things that came to mind. Nowadays I never got time for that, so I kind of just forgot about it.

I flipped through the many filled pages, eventually coming across an empty one.

I turned my focus up at the timetable.

No.

No.

No.

No.

N- HA!

Friday!

The daytime schedules were the most important for me. I couldn't do it at night. If their bedrooms were apart of the magic, then the magic disappeared, wouldn't their rooms? I couldn't go that far.

I won't go that far.

Friday 4pm seemed like the best time, the next time someone would come home after that is Julieta at 5:30pm, to start cooking dinner.

Plenty of time.

I scribbled down the time, it's only Sunday, so I have a lot of time. To do, what I've been doing this whole time. Just, helping Isa, Camilo, occasionally Mira.

-Camilo's pov-

I was about to enter the kitchen, doing my usual check up for leftovers. But I stopped myself when I saw Valerie viewing our family timetable.

I held in a sigh, knowing exactly what she was doing. I watched as she wrote down something on a notepad. I waited until she was done, before saying,
"Whatcha doing?"

She jumped, noticing my presence, I was leaning on the doorframe giving her a confused look.

"I, how long have you been standing there?"

"I actually just got here, literally, like 3 seconds ago."

I watched her sigh in relief, before walking over to me.

"So, what are you getting Luisa?" She asked, I assumed she was just trying to change the subject.
"Well~... I'm not telling you."

"Or~... you just haven't gotten her anything." She smirked at me, assuming she'd figured it out.

"Of course I have! Im not heartless ya know, I'm just choosing not to tell you!"

"Mhm, rightt..." she sounded sceptical, dragging out the 'right'.

"Whatever, guess what."

"Let me guess, you have a crush on a particular blonde girl who likes handing out flowers to secretly declare her love."

"I- huh? Were you watching me?" I squinted my eyes at her in suspicion.

"No! I just happened to see you! You're turning this around!" She yelled defensively back at me.

I chuckled at her hilarious reaction, "well, I do not have a crush on her. She asked me out on a date and I said sure. Also, what do you mean by the flower thing?"

"Oh, right. I forgot. You're a guy," she rolled her eyes at me, "you don't know anything about flowers, now do you?"

I gave her a look that shouted, 'really?'.
She giggled at me continuing, "a gardenia can mean a few things, I won't go into detail on all of them, you'll get bored. But, one of its meanings is secret love. She TOTALLY likes you!"

My eyes widened, I wasn't exactly aware that flowers had their own language.

Next time this happens I'll just have to ask Val or Isa, they'll know.

"Oh- Well I don't like her like that-"

"What do you mean!?" She yelled, cutting me off, "of course you like her! You're going on a date with her!" she emphasised the word date. Making sure I got the point.

"Look cariño, I've been on plenty of dates," that was very much a lie, I rejected majority of girls, "this is just another date that probably won't lead to anything!"

"Wowwww. You, are a player."

"I- Huh!? No I'm not! It's the girls I'm telling you! They never come back for a second date." I rejected her accusation.

A player!?

Me!?

Nope.

No way.

"Sure... whatever you say jugador..."

(That might not be the right word I just used google translate 🤷‍♀️)

"Ugh! You're so mean." I was joking, she was by far the most kind-hearted girl I'd ever met. I'd seen it with my own two eyes; helping the senior citizens get around, volunteering at the library, helping a couple find their lost kitten. The list goes on.

But I knew she hadn't reached her full potential yet, not with her mother. I'd seen her parent once yet I knew Valerie came from an abusive family. Or Sierra should I say.

She chuckled at my words, goodness, I loved her laugh.

"Sure I am, are you done chores for the day?"

"Mhm. Now we get to hang out!" I grabbed her wrist enthusiastically, dragging her upstairs to my room.

We sat down on my bed I opened my mouth to begin talking, but she started first.

"Wait wait wait! I just remembered! You, have a date!"

"I, well yeah..."

"So, tell me about the lucky lady," she seemed excited for me, which hurt me a little, deep down. She didn't seem jealous, like, at all. My hopes quickly arose again when I remembered how good of an actress she was.

Maybe she's just pretending to not be jealous!

I bet on my chances, quickly thinking up a little plan in my head. But that was for later, for now I'll have to set up my plan, make it seem like I was interested in Lucinda.

"So, her names Lucinda, she's super pretty. Like she has the silkiest of hair, blonde. I'm usually into brunettes but Luci is just stunning." I pretended to zone out, while I spoke about her.

"Luci...?" I heard Val quietly mumble. I felt a little bad, but that was a good sign. She was upset that I was talking about a girl.
At least I think she was upset.

-Sierra's pov-

"Luci...?"

...

He'd already given her a nickname.

Just, great.

I got lost in my thoughts while he continued going on and on about Luci.

It's not like I had room to say anything.

He's not my boyfriend.