???

Eventually Pepa came over and dragged Camilo away, literally. I mean by the ear. I sighed, that boy is always in some sort of trouble.

-??? pov-

This is so exciting!

I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my body. I would finally be able to rid of this horrid town! I'd been living here for two years, I missed my last home to an excessive degree. I'd been desperately begging my parents to let us move back since the moment we got to this new place.

Well, new country.

I sorely missed ???, where my crush was. I'd only managed to land a good two dates with them.

Oh god, those were the best two days of my life.

It'd be around two months before we moved back, Dad said possibly less if he got his work done by then.

So, maybe around half a month at the earliest. Which I desired most.

Ugh, who am I kidding!?

Dad always promised me things, just to dissapoint me. It was the same with Mama, they were both usually busy with work.

But they found better paying jobs for them back in ???. Those new jobs also allowed them to spend more time off, for their child.

Aka me.

I was an only child, most would expect that I was spoilt because of it. That's the stereotypical type. In reality, yes, I suppose I was in a way. Well, they spoilt me as much as they could afford to. Showering me with toys, flowers, anything I asked of them.

Well I guess not everything I asked of them.

Whenever I brought up the fact that they never spent time with me, they'd just excuse themselves before surprising me with the next best thing. Well, what they assumed was the next best thing.

I don't even understand why we moved here in the first place!? When we lived in ??? they could always spare time for me. I guess I wasn't that grateful for them at the time, the only person I actually wanted to spend time with was ???.

They're going to love my surprise return!

I squealed internally, it's not long before I come back.

I hope they still miss me.

-Camilo's pov-

"OW!" I whined from the pain of my mother squeezing my ear. Her grasp on me was extremely tight, and painful. I was relieved when she finally released me from her dreadful grip.

"Camilo! How many times do we have to tell you!? You can't eat Julieta's emergency arepas! Do you know how worried Mrs Rojas was was hoped she showed up with her daughter!? Did I mention that her daughter had a broken arm!?"

"I'm sorry Mami-"

"What were you thinking!?"

"Well it just seemed unlikely that a six year old was going to break their arm on the same day, I didn't mean for that to happen..."

She just sighed dissapointingly at me, "look... hijo. We can't afford for this to happen again! Don't you remember when Julieta's emergency stack literally saved Mr Vargas' life? He almost bled to death."

"I know..." I have to admit, I'd completely forgotten about that. At the time I ate the arepas I was just gobbling anything in sight, attempting to eat my feelings away.

"I get that you're hungry, but there's food in the pantry that you are actually allowed to snack on. I love you Milo, and I know you mean no harm. But you have to at least try and be aware of what you're doing? I expect that this won't happen again, is that clear?"

"Yes Mami."

She kissed me on my forehead, before walking away. Though I remained frozen in place, consumed by my thoughts.

It's not often that she starts to sigh then get all soft on me. I've learnt by now that it usually means she's sick of yelling at me. Because she thinks that there's no point in wasting her voice on me.

Why can't I just listen for once?

-Sierra's pov-

Dominic was utterly astonished by my real identity, and the whole backstory. I hoped he wouldn't tell me I'm crazy, or sick, or something like that.

To my surprise, he didn't actually respond. He face morphed into a sympathetic appearance. I took this as my opportunity to express my feelings about it.

"The Madrigals have, shockingly enough forgiven me for my actions. Even Camilo and I are back together! But I still can't help feeling guilty about it all. What made me feel worse was seeing how joyful Camilo was to find out that his powers were restored. I realised how horrible it must have been for them to lose their gifts..."

A brief moment of silence followed, Dominic making sure I had finished my part.

"I won't say I understand what you're feeling, I can only imagine what it's like. If you're asking for my opinion, then I would say that's likely normal. It's basically expected for one to feel guilty about their actions. You know, majority of people still remember small things they did years ago. The feeling is going to go away eventually, maybe a week, maybe in a couple years. Maybe it will never go away."

It better.