2

"Where were you yesterday?" Alex asked as Morgan stepped into his office. 

"I was sick, just a stomach bug. Why, did you miss me?" Morgan smirked. 

Alex narrowed his eyes, "No, your coffee is just better," Alex lied, his cheeks turning just the slightest bit pink.

"Whatever you say, boss. It's good to know I'm loved," Morgan set the stack of paper and coffee on his desk and winked.

As he walked down the hall, someone called to him from the staffing office, "Morgan!"

He stopped in the doorway and let Wanda talk. "Please never get sick again," she joked, "I don't know what you do to keep him happy, but we all missed it very much yesterday."

Morgan laughed, "So what I'm hearing is a raise is coming my way?"

"The new year is coming around fast, so it's possible," she answered.

Morgan shot her a smile and continued down the hall, stopping at his desk to finish his own coffee and the woman at the desk next to his jokingly thanked him for being back so quickly.

"It was just a stomach bug, but you're welcome." In reality they were all actually very lucky he was back at all; a stomach bug would've been a breeze compared to the near-death experience he'd actually had yesterday, having been kidnapped by a group of vigilantes.