5

A week later Morgan was still wondering what would've prompted such an odd question from Alex. He continued to ponder this as he walked down the hall toward Alex's office. The first answer that came to mind was that he'd read his mind; he is the S-Tier Villain, so it was entirely possible. His expression has been one of genuine curiosity, though, and he'd have thought that if Alex knew of his villain status, he would've been smirking or.. something like that. He smiled as the image of the man smirking on tv last week crossed his mind; he wondered how no one else seemed able to tell Alex's true identity, he literally just put some glasses on— his thoughts were interrupted as he busted his shoulder on the doorframe of the office he'd been on his way to.

Shaken up, he rubbed his shoulder before entering the office, "Here are these papers--," He paused. Alex was eating his lunch, which was odd, as Morgan had never seen the man eating before.

"What?" Alex asked, there was something different about his tone that Morgan couldn't place.

"I've just never seen you have lunch this early," he approached the desk and put the papers down, picking up the finished stack from earlier.

"Just getting it out of the way before meetings this afternoon. Have a seat."

Morgan narrowed his eyes slightly, he'd never been invited to sit. Alex smiled as he complied, "I have a question, but I want to tell you first that it's okay if the answer is no. I understand the imbalance of power between us, and I don't want you to feel intimidated."

Morgan nodded, Alex had never been this serious with him.

"Would you want to maybe hang out with me outside work?"

"Absolutely. You can come to my apartment if you like, or whatever you had in mind--"

Alex was surprised at Morgan's lack of hesitation. "Are you sure? It is against policy."

"I meant what I said– rules hold no value with me. Not sure if it would matter if anyone did figure it out though, they're all far too afraid if you to do anything about it."

-----

I think it's so funny when supers do something as simple as putting on a pair of glasses and suddenly they are completely unrecognizable to everyone around them. So I put it in here :3

It's been a very up-and-down week. This is the fourth idea I've cycled through on the office romance demand. Here's hoping this one sticks(i say at 2:15am on 1/23, 3:15am for lighthouse).