lazy days

Summary - Tom and Zendaya share an afternoon together
Words - 775
————

The past few Fridays have been Zendaya's favorites. She had weekends off from filming, which was something she wasn't used to from the majority of her recent projects. With the others, she was constantly demanded on set, but this film was more laid back, and she enjoyed the breaks she got,resulting in her falling in love with acting all over again.

So, every time she was finished filming on a Friday afternoon, she was ready for a break. The only thing keeping her awake through the car ride home (which felt way longer than it actually was) was the anticipation of finally getting to spend actual time with her boyfriend, not just a few minutes here and there while in passing.

As Zendaya pulled into the driveway and began to walk inside, she slightly picked up her pace. She opened the door, alerting Tom, who was busy cooking in the kitchen, that she was home. She closed the door behind her, taking off her shoes and putting them to the side. She then lazily tossed the bag she brought to set somewhere near them.

"Hey love, how was filming?" Tom spoke out to her from the kitchen.

"Tiring. I'm gonna go shower." Zendaya replied, while walking up to him and wrapping her hands around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"Alright. Do you want me to make you anything? Dinner is almost ready."  Tom said after draping his arms around her waist.

In response, Zendaya shook her head that was now nestled into his shoulder before pulling away and giving him a quick kiss. She then walked into their bedroom to take a shower, and Tom watched her as she closed the door.

He then finished cooking their dinner, which was some vegetarian meal Zendaya mentioned she liked one time, and put it on two plates. He then went and gave Noon his food, the small dog coming up and jumping on him from excitement. After Tom poured his dog food in the bowl, getting the dog more focused on the food than him, he went and picked up Zendaya's bag she had left. He put her bag in their room, and went to sit on the couch while he waited for her to finish up.

————

Less then 10 minutes later she came out from their bedroom, dressed in her pajamas, even though it was only 6. Usually she would wait to shower until later in the afternoon, in case she wanted to go out. But it was Friday, and she just wanted to relax. Her curls were weighed down by the water on them, but still visible.

"Ready to eat?" Tom asked her, getting up from the coach and walking to the table.

"Oh absolutely, it looks delicious. Thanks Tom." Zendaya replied as the two sat down.

They proceeded to eat in a comfortable silence, the sounds of Noon eating his food and running around being their background noise. The two occasionally stole glances at each other, as if they were two teenagers crushing on each other in high school.

After they were finished eating their dinner and Tom was rinsing off their dishes., Zendaya walked up behind him and hugged him from behind.

"Can we go lie down?" Zendaya asked timidly.

"Yeah, just let me go get changed." Tom replied before turning around to kiss her.

————

And then Zendaya was laying in bed as Tom joined her. She didn't hesitate to put her head on his chest, immediately relaxing into the position. Tom stroked his hand through her hair and the two sat quietly, the sound of their breaths keeping them company. Tom was the one to break the silence,

"Wanna watch something?"

"Sure, I don't know what though." Zendaya replied while reaching over and grabbing the remote from her nightstand, and handing it to Tom.

"Euphoria?" Tom asked joking, to which Zendaya hit his chest, stifling a laugh.

"Haha very funny. Open Netflix."

Tom then opened the app on the TV on the wall, clicking on Zendaya's profile.

"Let's watch Shameless." Zendaya said while readjusting her head.

And that's what they did for the next two hours, before the TV was turned off. They then spent the moments before they went to bed with Zendaya reading, Tom on his phone. The two fell asleep around 9:30, relatively early for them, but they weren't complaining.

————

The rest of the weekend was spend in a similar way. The two in bed, rotating between watching television, reading, or even just listening to music. It was something nether didn't get the chance to do often, but that time together was something they valued.

————